Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie :)

jmichellejjmichelle Posts: 74
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in New Member Introductions

I just joined this site tonight and can already tell that this seems to be a community of caring and supportive people. My problems are as follows.

L2-3 and L3-4: Mild desiccation and loss of height involving the right aspect of the discs due to scoliosis. Mild facet hypertrophy is noted at those levels.
L4-5: There is disc desiccation and a diffuse disc bulge. Moderate bilateral facet hypertrophy is noted. There is mild left foraminal narrowing due to disc bulging disc material accentuated by scoliosis and disc material contacts and the exiting left L4 nerve root.
L5-S1: There is a tear involving the left paracentral posterior annulus and there is disc desiccation and a broad posterior disc bulge. Moderate bilateral facet hypertrophy is noted. Bulging disc material and facet hypertrophy results in moderate left foraminal narrowing and disc material contacts the exiting left L5 nerve. The is also contact between the disc and traversing left S1 nerve root at the level of the annular tear.

I had a child February 25th (my 5th girl) and just now lost my pregnancy medicaid. So I am currently without insurance and unable to get any care. I dont qualify for Texas medicaid because Im not way below the poverty line. (like 8000 total a year income for family of 6 is required) So I am a little lost with what to do now, but am trying to keep some hope. I also have never had any neck problems but for some reason my spine in my neck seems to hurt so much that it burns and my shoulder and top bicep seem to ache and feel heavy. Not sure what that means?

Take Care

• You have a very difficult situation Jackie, how are you holding up emotionally? are you married or have a partner to help you in this or are you alone? How many millions don't have health care insurance due to cost...sigh....I am so sorry. Any way to apply for State disability? (non medicaide). Social security? What is the doc saying about your MRI as far as treatment?
    Saying a prayer for you...
  • Sorry to hear you're without insurance. Are there any free clinics in your city? Can you apply for insurance or SSDI? That's a rough situation to be in. I hope you can find some help. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry to hear of your pain and no medical care.. ~X( have you tried a teaching hospital? :? there is info about them under the "Health and Insurance" forum. your care is free if you qualify and many times you can still own a home and a car! =D> good luck and i hope you find insurance relief soon. :D Jenny :)
  • Jenny:

Thank you very much for the info. :) I will look into it. Its so nice to have people around here that are trying to offer some hope for me.