Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

good Drs in the DFW area?

BadThunderBBadThunder Posts: 15
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Pain Medications
Please send me a PM or post if able, In your opinion, very good pain DRs that are in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that will believe your pain and not ignore you.

A former pateint of my DR was abusing his meds and was terminated from being further treated. The patient then maliciosusly turned in my DR to the Board and is now under meticulous invesitigation. So now the DR has to limit prescribing some meds and heavily document everything and the patients all have to take drug tests frequently. Its very inconvient and long waits to see the DR now. I really like my DR and been going to him for 10 years so this is hard to try to make a change.

I had a 360 2-level fusion on my bottom 2 disks and follow up surgery to remove all hardware. Thank you

• This, unfortunately, is a common problem which makes life tough for all of us who legitimately need medications and take them as prescribed. I don't know of anyone in your area (i am in CA). All I can recommend is that if you need to, get another doctor. The DEA and FDA is all over doctors these days which is making doctors gun shy about narcotics/opiates. Yes, the change is hard. It just depends on how much you want to put up with and how long you have to wait for your meds. Hope it gets better for you soon.
  • I hope it doesn't interfere with your care. It may make your Dr leary but he shouldn't stop his meds for someone else. I think there's a Dr finder here in Spine health somewhere. Good luck. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN