Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

vodka-who knew

baseball2005bbaseball2005 Posts: 77
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Lighten and Brighten
This email is informative as well as hilarious! I have always said: "A shot in a glass is better than a shot in the ass!" From Maxine(my aunt)

If you don't learn something new every day, you're not living

1. To remove a bandage painlessly
saturatethe bandage with vodka.
The stuff dissolves adhesive.

2. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers,
fill a trigger-spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, let set five minutes and wash clean. The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew.

3. To clean your eyeglasses, simply wipe the lenses with a soft, clean cloth dampened with vodka. The alcohol in the vodka cleans the glass and kills germs.

4. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting your safety razor blade
soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.

5. Spray vodka on wine stains, scrub with a brush, and then blot dry.

6. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face
as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.

7. Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp,removes toxins from hair, and stimulates the growth of healthy hair.

8. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle with vodka
Image removed by sender. and spray bees or wasps to kill them.

9 Pour one-half cup vodka
and one-half cup water into a Ziploc freezer bag
and freeze for a slushy, refreshing ice pack for aches,
pain or black eyes.

10. Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar
with freshly packed lavender flowers,
fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly
and set in the sun for three days.
Strain liquid through a coffee filter,
then apply the tincture to aches and pains.

11. To relieve a fever, use a washcloth
to rub vodka on your chest and back as a liniment.

12. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.

13 Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting.

14. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy
to remove the urushiol oil from your skin.

15. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth.
Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain.

And silly me!
I've only been drinking the EDITED ! HUMMMMM

• but I would have drank it instead ;)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,832
    to justify $175 a week on good vodkas! Only problem with this, is most stores dont allow co-pays, but I am working on the Insurance company
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • In my opinion excessive use of alcohol is totally injurious for health. Therefore, if you are an addict drunkard than its better for you to start EDITED This will help you in controlling you daily drinking.

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Edited by moderator paulgla
  • This has NOTHING to do with alcohol ABUSE. Being new to our community, you probably do not know your way around yet. This is the "Lighten and Brighten" section. Items posted here are required to be light-hearted, and funny. NOTHING is taken serious in this section. Unless the Original Poster requests it be.

Thanks for visiting, Marks. Hope to get to know you and your back/neck issues better when you return!

(Edit - on a side note, my dad [God rest his wonderful soul!] was an alcoholic. Back when he first started drinking - this would have been sometime during WW2 - the only vodka was Taaka; this he continued to drink until he went to the hospital in March. After he died, I took the 3/4 full half gallon bottle to my house because I remembered reading these helpful hints. My 12 year old had severe itching of his hands after some yard work... I had poured vodka on his hands and wet a towel with some and had him wrap his hands in the towel for about 10 minutes. WORKED LIKE A CHARM! So, I said all that to say - Alcohol use is not always a bad thing.....)

• Thanks for your first hand account of one benefit of vodka, Jeaux. After reading yours, I revisited the original post, and indeed it looks like there are some other useful applications. And I thought it was only a joke! One can always learn.