Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

You know you have a friend

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Matters of the Heart
when they do this
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    To me a friend is someone who is willing to be there with you even though they have many other things to do.

A Friend is someone that never has to tell you that they are you friend.

Friends are such an important part of our lives. We know that we can not choose our family, but we can and do choose who is going to be our friend.

Today, I have 3 friends from my High School days and we are still close. We may not hear or see each other for a year of so, but when we do, its as if nothing has changed and we just turned the clock back to the late 60's
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I found out who are my true friends during this trying time.

Friends are who will accept me for who are I am.

Friends will help you when you are in need. Found this out just recently.

There are some positives that came out of this bad situation.

I also found out that my husband (my true friend) will stick by me during the good and the bad.
  • You always post thought provoking issues. Yes, for all our supporters who are there no matter what-tolerating our mangy moods and continually giving, not expecting any reward. I have been surprised by people who just gently and quietly make me a cuppa, talk to me, visit me-love me when I feel so unlovable myself.
    Thank-you PapaRon, to remind me to count my blessings and the angels who try to protect me with their love and affection
    Hugs n' Loves -Paula
    P.S-Crying again-what motivation I have to keep on keeping on.
  • I've always liked the saying you can't pick your family but you can pick your friends! I am lucky to have a good family and friends in my life.

However, you find out which friends are truly gold when you having trying times.

Good friends will sit by your bed when you are on restrictions and need to lay flat on your back most of the time.

Good friends just know when to call, visit, or drop a note to say HI, or when you need a pick up,like they have ESP.

Great friends will bring your family food, clean messes, your house, or run errands without your even having to ask.

Best friends are always there, day after day, year after year, and like Ron said you just pick up where you left off like you were always together. You appreciate each other for what you are, not what you can do. You can laugh, smile, cry, or just sit silently together and understand, appreciate each other.

Last week my best friend moved to NC.and I miss her so much it hurts. Today when I took my walk I was sad because she walked with me and we'd chat. I have other friends but they work so today was long....

Like Robin said....it's the million little things.
  • a true friend is someone who sticks by you when the going gets rough.. :? a true friend will sit with you when there is no longer anything left to say!! :? what i have found from being on the forum is that friendship is movable. it is fickle and can't be counted on.. :O i consider myself to be alone here on the forum and the few friends i do have are truely "real" friends!! =D> but Ron, you must know all about that kind of thing!! being a moderator you must have many people coming and going out of your life! :T one minute they are a friend and the next, they become invisible! :''( the truest friend i have is my husband!:X Jenny :)