Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Who are you?

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Matters of the Heart
Ok, for the most part all of us are Spiney's. Its a label that we earned.. Perhaps it is not the most glorious titles or the means to achieve that.
We get to know each other through so many of our posts. And many times we get to know other members a bit better than what closer people actual do.

Who are you?
What makes you tick?
What are you biggest likes?
What are you worst fears?
20 years from now, how do you want people to think of you?

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    and many times, I came up with different answers!

If I as to summarize who I am...

- Basically a inward person, who does not open up that much.
    I tend to keep things inside, so that not everyone knows exactly what I am dealing with.

- I am a listener vs a talker. In social environments, I am the one that is listening to everything that is being said, but I dont say a lot

- I am still learning from my mistakes. My mistakes were not always being myself. For many years, I would tend to be the person, I believe people wanted me to be.

- I am a different person at work vs in my personal life.
    I think with my head when I am at work, and for my personal life, I let my heart guide me.

- I am a jack of all trades, master of none.

- I tend to hold off. Instead of doing it today, manytimes I wait until tomorrow.

- As much as I enjoy all the modern things and new technologies, I believe I could be at my best, living in the wilderness, in the 18th century.

- I am not much of a reader, but I love anything to do with ancient Rome, Greece, etc

- Most importantly, I am me. And that could mean a lot of people not liking me, some people appreciate me, some that think I can be pompus, while others take me for who I am

Every once in a while, I think its a good thing to step aside , look yourself in the mirror and figure out who you really are.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I am the sum total of my life up till now. every experience good and bad self inflicted or not shaped my character.
    I have traveled
    I know few trades
    I am loyal to a fault
    I give too much to others and too little to myself
    I am...Right here,
    right now,
    there is no past, the future is not made or written in any way shape or form, I have free will to decide to or not to go in any direction in life.
    I give but rarely take
    I love with all my being
    I hate with a passion
    I like the process and act of dicovery of something new, my curiosity is INSATIABLE.
    Music takes me far awy
    Poetry keeps me in warm and fertile ground in which to grow
    I embrace change
    I LOVE Grand Marnier
    I am spiney
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Who are you?
    That's a very good question. I used to think I knew who I was. But after six years of physical pain that I still haven't been able to control adequately, the sense of who I am has been reduced to a more basic sense of survival. Anything that might have constituted the old 'me' has long since gone by the wayside.
    What makes you tick?
    What makes me tick is the sense that perhaps I can make a difference in this crazy, mixed up world. Whether it be through compassion, empathy, speaking up, or just plain loving someone, that sense of connection is important to me.
    What are you biggest likes?
    My likes have been adapted to my capabilities, but in the old days I liked dancing. I liked running. Currently, I like laughing so hard that my stomach hurts and I fear I might pee myself. I like dogs and cats and their endless ability to love unconditionally. I like lying on a bale of hay and looking up at the Northern Lights in the middle of a cloudless night...I like hearing their crackle.
    What are you worst fears?
    I fear that I might give up before the miracle happens. I fear that I won't have the inner sustenance to weather this storm and see it to the end. I fear that I will never find someone to love who also doesn't want to change me, my thoughts, my body, my love, and my prognosis.
    20 years from now, how do you want people to think of you?
    "I love you, Mom."

"You really helped me when I needed you. Thank you."

"Thanks for your love and faith in me."

• I am a daughter, partner, mother, friend, sister, co-conspirator and s*it-starter. I like to see the positive in life above all else and find light in darkness. If I can't laugh at something, then the situation is dire (i've not been in this situation yet). I like to read in a well lit room with breezes flowing through. I like to lay in the dark and listen to music. I am a musician. I am a drummer. I use rhythm in almost everything I do and love. Rhythm is that which connects me to something greater and all things around me. Drumming is how I talk to the gods and say "I am here." I am a pyromaniac in the safest sense of the word. Fire excites me, motivates me and centers me. I started spinning fire poi a few years ago when drumming wasn't working out (drumming with an infant around just didn't work out with nap time). Poi spinning is very rhythmic and it is easy to fall into a trance. That is another way I announce my presence to the universe. The roar of flames spinning around me ... it's an amazing moment to be in.

When my doctor said "No more poi spinning" ... I said, "we'll see about that." I still spin, but I haven't played with fire since 2007. I miss it. I miss dancing.

I am passionate. I am strong. I have a Superwoman complex. I am constantly growing, changing and evolving. I am a phoenix.

I am not my pain.