Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Leg numbness

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
For over a month now on the back/side of my hamstring on my right leg it has turned almost numb. But i still have some feeling but when i touch it its like the nerves go crazy and its like a knife. It almost feels like i burnt my leg but i know i didnt. I got a shot in my behind a while back and some think that it caused some nerve damage. But i have also heard it could be my back or even a spinal tumor? :( I hope its not a tumor. Any information will help.
Thanks so much!

• Hiya :) Welcome To Spine Health >:D< I can only give advice based on my personal experience :) The pain you get does this travel all the way down your right leg? :? What you are descibing is definately sciatic pain, :S this can mean you have a trapped nerve :''( and is very irritable and painful :''( , usually this pain is coming from your back :?. burning sensation also means its nerve pain :( Have you seen an orthopedic surgeon? :T If not you should see your doctor or orthopedic surgeon straight away so they can identify the problem :? . One of your lumber discs has most probably slipped, which is pushing on a nerve, which gives radiating pain down your leg :? If you do not go and see a doctor you could cause more damage :? this is why you should see someone as soon as you can :S Do not think its a spinal tumour unless its a qualified surgeon that has told you this O:) , then only they can do so , if you under go the appropriate testing :D , for example MRI scan, Ultra sound scan(which are painless tests)= this can rule out any tumours :? Please could you keep me posted about how you get on as i am concerned for you >:D< I do hope this helps you :) Also ask to see a pain management doctor as they can help give you the correct medication for the type of pain you have :H PM me any time you want to O:)

Angie >:D< O:) :H
  • I would see your Dr about this and get his help. Do you have any back pain at all or history of spine problems? Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • go see your Dr & get an MRI so you can be properly diagnosed. We'll be here to answer your questions & help get you through all of this. :D
  • I am only 20 years old but back problems run in my family big time. My back went out on me when i was 18. I am very active in sports, that has alot to do with my problems. I dont have any health insurance at the moment. I get it back June first and if i still am having the problem I will go see someone. And no it doesnt run all the way down my leg. Its only the top half. Thanks for the comments!! =)