Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone for a game of JENGA?

doofddoof Posts: 131
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had 2 lumbar operations within 6 months in 2007 for stenosis. I had to have the 2nd one done because they didn't do enough work the first time round.

My symptons are now returning but in the other leg, together with pelvis, hip and groin pain.

I've been to a different hospital today and seen an army consultant, he was very nice and conducted one of the most thorough examinations I have had to date.

I'm having an mri scan (hopefully just a 2-3 week wait) but he thinks that my lower back may be 'collapsing' - his words not mine. When he said that I immediately thought of a game of JENGA!!

During my lumbar ops, no hardware was put in, disc, lamia and nerve canal was removed. I didn't ask too many questions this morning as I wanted to see what the mri showed (I'm desperately hoping it's still just a naughty bit of scar tissue - yeah right)!! However, my spiney friends, if he is right do you think I'm probably looking at some sort of spinal fusion to straighten everything up?

• Good mornin,
    It sure sounds like they want to put in the hardware. Sure isnt good if its "collapsing". I had PLIF eleven weeks ago. Spondy was getting pretty serious along with severe stenosis. Good luck with the results. I hope everything works out fine. Its maddening to say the least but hang in there.