Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sciatica Info

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:30 AM in New Member Introductions
I am a newly diagnosed with sciatica individual who is wondering, after reading several medical sections on this disease, HOW does one actually 'recover' from it if it is related to spinal deterioration? If one's spine is doing some deterioration it may be stopped some, but how will that reduce inflamation to the sciatic nerve? I guess I see the deterioration of one as always impacting on the other.

I am a moderately active person upon whom different manageable ailaments are creeping (thyroid, hypoglycemia). I don't enjoy 'reduced activity'--at all!

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i can tell you that i have had sciatica for many years and Lyrica has really helped with the pain.. check out the forum on "Sciatica" and see if you get any answers there. of course a doctor would be a good person to talk to as well! good luck as you seek answers to your questios! Jenny
  • welcome from a new member.
    i just joined two days ago. i can hear your concern for not being able to be as active as you used to be. my sciatica started 40 years ago. i used to ski, rollerblade, bikeride and hike. i was devistated when the sciatica hit me.
    my spine was deteriorating from DDD, stenosis, and foramin narrowing. one chiropractor told me i had the worst back he had ever seen!
    just try to be patient and enjoy every day as best you can. when you wake up consider it the best day of your life. there are so many pain killing and healing tools available to you. plus there are plenty of people here to give you support.
    from experience i can tell you that as long as your Dr. gives you the ok you can continue exercising. i kept skiing for 30 years. now i just swim but at least i keep moving!
    by the way i too came down with a hormonal problem so there is another thing we have in common. my advice would be to keep moving as best you can and if the sciatica kicks up take a rest until you feel you can get back to what you enjoy doing.
    here's one person who is wishing you the best!!!! >:D< pete b.