Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Inversion table after a fusion

Joe in AZJJoe in AZ Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Lower Back Pain
Anyone use an inversion table after a fusion? It has been seven years since a fusion at L4 and L5. I now have a slight bulge at L3. I'm gradually getting better from severe nerve pain in my left thigh. I had right knee surgery in Feb. 09 and was overcompensating and developed the pain symptoms before surgery. The only thing that improved the pain was traction done while in PT. Will a table help or hurt?

• hi! i see this is your first post and i want to welcome you to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. this might be something you need to speak to your doctor or your pt about. :-C everyone heals differently so they can tell you the best!! :D good luck and i wish you a complete, healthy recovery. :D Jenny :)
  • I too had a fusion at L4-5, and my surgeon told me it would be OK to use an inversion table. Mine is still in the box in the front hall, but one of these days I hope to try it out!

Some people swear by them for bulging disks. It would be one more tool in your arsenal of trying to heal without surgery. I think I would want to check it out with your knee surgeon though. I would be more worried about it putting too much stress on the knee.
  • I too had traction after therapy and it was the only thing that helped. I have an inversion table at home at it does help from time to time. For the low cost for a table it would be worth it to give it a try. If nothing else you can always take it back.
  • I hate being on medication because I read back responses and sometimes they are not correct or I leave things out.
    I had L5-S1 surgery and went thru 4 years of rehab off and on, the only really thing that worked was traction. I decided to purchase an inversion table and it does help depending on the severity of my pain. If it does not work for you, you can always take it back to the store.

Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.