Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Does anyone else have this?

LeftbackLLeftback Posts: 404
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I have been having a burning/stinging pain about the half way mark and just to the right of my incision that takes my breath away all day today. Sometimes it's like a pinch and other times it lasts a little longer but thank goodness it comes and goes. I notice it more when I move, even typing right now, but also when I'm resting, it's very annoying but it also has me kind of nervous. I hope I didn't do anything wrong.

PT had me bring in my tens yesterday to try for about an hour ....do you think I stirred up the nerve there too or something?

That was my last PT until I see the Dr. next week. I can call my PT as she has known and worked with me several times the past 3 years or I could call the dr or wait until next week? I keep thinking it will go away? Just wondered if any of you ever had this or have any ideas? I'm taking tramadol for my usual pain and tried heat.

• I forgot to mention I'll be 7 months post L-2/3/4 fusion next week and see my Dr. 5/14.

Thanks again!
  • Over the past few months I have had so many different pains that I never know what is normal. I say if it is bad tomm, call your Dr. That is the only person who can really advise you as to what to do. Also, if you are going to be a nearvous wreck all weekend, call. It is not something that will help you heal, if you get to upset. not making fun of you either. I just know sometimes having an answer is better for you.
  • Thanks for the advice. It's nice to know you are here to help! I know what you mean about the different pains and I never know what is normal either. That was why I was wondering about if anyone had this. I'm still experiencing this wierd pain but since it isn't any worse than pain I've already experienced and not as bad as my normal aches and pains I'm going to see if it works itself out.

Thanks again!