Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

looking for relief

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi,I've known about my spondylolisthesis since I was in the first grade. My first grade teacher and I wore the same back brace! (She was 70!) I studied Shotokan karate from then until I was 19. Back pain is not new to me, but I always managed to keep a strong core and managed to keep any pain associated at a very low to moderate level.

I was playing golf 10 days ago. After a huge slice from the #8 tee box, I felt a much more intense pain in the lumbar region than I ever have. I am 35 now, and just received results of my very first MRI.

Radiologist impression:
L3-4 - Mild facet disease
L4-5 - 3mm central protrusion w/annular tear and moderate facet disease. Mild neuroforaminal narrowing
L5-S1 - 3mm broad disc bulge w/central and right paracentral annular tear. Moderate facet arthropathy and moderate bilateral neuroforaminal narrowing.

I just got the results today and am very scared because of the pain that I'm in. I haven't scheduled an appointment w/an ortho or neuro yet, but will Monday morning. I've learned alot tonight while doing research and look forward to spending time on this site to learn more about treating this.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to o ffer you suppport and answer what questions we can. getting your doctor to read your MRI is the best idea yet!! =D> i am sorry you are having pain.. try and relax and don't jump ahead of yourself. :D good luck and i know you will feel better soon. a diagnosis is the first step on the road to recovery.. :D stop by anytime! Jenny :)
  • Hi I hope you can get a referral soon because the wait time may be awhile and you want to see what the Ortho or Neuro says for the treatment and whether they can refer you to PT or Pain Management Dr. or other treatment. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN