Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Does weather REALLY effect our condition...

Vicky ODonnellVVicky ODonnell Posts: 25
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Chronic Pain
I thank GOD I came upon this site. Although very sad, it is a relief to know that "it is just not me" .
I am a human baramoter...Every day it is something new and more depressing.
We can only hope and pray that one day there may be a way to become pain free. a miralce within itself.

Last night I went to be at 9pm. Sleeping is just one of the many challenges I face everyday. I woke at 1:30 am with spasms, pain, charlie horses and excrutiating pain all over my body. Needless to say, I woke up not being able to move... yesrs ago I was an early riser, didnt waste a moment of the day. NOW, it takes me a good 1-2 hours to be able to function. my ability to focus and work have decreased over the past several years. I was recently told I have Fibro Fog!!! Had anyone ever heard of that?

I even lost weight, took out all glutens, all products with corn, cotton seed, carbs, junk food, anything and everything I thought would help. I recently went to Mexico and was amazed that other than the low back problems and pain I experience every day, I DID NOT have inflammatory pain or the feeling of being swollen with limited movement. What a miracle. I guess I now understand why most elderly ppl and those with arthritis head for warmer climates.

Nightmares are also a very odd addition to the incapability of sleeping. Does anyone else experience these? I think the ativan and zanaflex I am on are the #1 cause of the nightmares.. It seems to be the lessor of two evils.

I cant stand living like this...

• I feel for you and a lot of what you're experiencing. ;(

I take zanaflex and ativan too..though don't really get nightmares on a regular basis (weird dreams though..but not sure if that's just me!).

And the weather def. affects me. Like today...it's cloudy and seems as though it may rain later. I am aching in my joints and just feeling sluggish. Ugh!!

• We all complain of being human barometers! It comes with being a member of the Spiney Club.

Any med that messes with the brain chemicals has the ability to cause vivid dreams and nightmares. I had incredible, long, involved dreams on gabapentin, of all things. They were so real that after I awakened, it would take me awhile to sort out what was reality and what had just been dreamed. Luckily the brain returns to "normal" when one goes off the meds.
This discussion has been closed.