Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New, wanting to hear about other people's experiences

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hey, I'm new to this, though not new to back pain and DDD.

Was dx'd about 4 years ago. Had a lum lam and a diskectomy done. Long story short, neither worked and I have no disks left in L4/L5 or L5/S1. My surgeon is the best one in my area. I trust him.

I've had MRIs and a discogram, steroid shots, water therapy, been on muscle relaxers and Lyrica and Neurotonin...it's just been a long road (not taking any meds at this point though).

Now my doctor dude wants to fuse L5/S1, and he wants to do an ADR on L4/L5. I read where people said that joint didn't line up so it wasn't good for an ADR. Does anyone have any experience with having both of those procedures done at one time?

I'm in nursing school, and I have 2 more semesters left. I have to squeeze the surgery in on my summer break (done it before). I'm just freaked out a bit.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. thanks for stopping by. =D> if you have a doctor you trust there is no need to be freaked out!! :? good luck and i hope you have pain relief soon! :D Jenny :)