Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

strakerstraker Posts: 1,851
hi all i am in the UK and we are grade 6 alert {the highest} i was wondering what was going on in your part of the world .out tamiflu antibiotics are under police guard in a secret location as it happens i have just come down with a cold and feel like shxxx .. every time i get a cold it goes to my back and make me ache even worse than normal ,i was ok yesterday ..its amazing how a simple cold can put a chronic person down ...

• sorry you are ill and going through such a scary thing. ~X( i keep antivirals on hand just in case of such an emergency.. =D> good luck and i hope you are feeling better soon! :D Jenny :)

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Edited by moderator paulgla

• Since this came back up to the top thanks to a spammer.

A oerson, who shall remain nameless, went to a clinic because he/she felt ill. They ran a H1N1 screen on him/her and it cam back negative.

Next day the clinic director gets a call and a verbal reprimand from healthcare auth for not reporting the case since the person also worked at a nursing home!

Seems the clinic was using some form of card to report the findings. When the patient got the negative card he/she added a vertical line making it positive so he/she could have a week off! Said person now has eternity off from his/her nursing home job as he/she has been fired.

The clinic now hand writes positive or negative on the card as well as marking with a + or -.

So, don't be going around changing your H1N1 cards to get time off from work!
  • Hi straker, sorry you have got cold at the minute, hope you feel better and soonnnnnnnn!!!you are dealing with enough and dont need this.
  • i just noticed you posted this months ago so i'm sure youre over it now...of course the flu may return this fall so please get your shot....pete
  • i heard that it might be to late to get the h1n1 shot to do any good.anyone else hear this?
  • think that it is too late but I have heard that there is a huge shortage. I am trying to stay away from the public. Shop only during slow hours and don't leave the house if I don't have to. I also avoid the doctors office. I read something at the beginning of the H1N1 scare that said the number one way to avoid getting it is to stay out of the hospital! It is pretty scary.
  • it's best to protect yourself if you can particularly if you have an underlying health condition. The focus right now is to vaccinate the prority groups (i.e. children, healthcare workers, adults with underlying health conditions). I myself am a healthcare worker and will probably be vaccinated in the next week. My employer is out of the injections and is offering the nasal vaccine (live vaccine) which I'm not interested in. I received a message from my PCP today and she does have the injection, I'm going to try to get it on Friday if possible. Also, many health departments are offering the vaccine.

Of course, the key to prevention is to avoid crowded places, sick contacts etc. but MOST of all is GOOD HANDWASHING! Older adults that were around for the swine flu in 1976 seem have at least partial immunity so take some comfort in that at least. :)

• Duh! Just realised this post is an old one. Anyway, I feel like death-warmed-up.