Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

perscription refills

dgardineerddgardineer Posts: 158
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Pain Medications
I went today to CVS to get my every 3 week refill of vicodin and oxicotin and they told me that I was too early ,5 days for my vicodin and 10 for my oxycotin .I have been taking the oxy 3 times a day for 7 months and the vicodin 3 times for 2 months and when I asked the pharmacist if she could look it up that my doctor had made this mistake before she looked at the last refill which was the one that was wrong and said nope can't do it see ya in 5 days .Oh well I was just venting and if you have any feed back I'm all ears .

• I think the Pharmacy should call your Dr to get it right. This Pharmacy doesn't seem to try so hard for your business. The Dr. should give you one month's supply it's just a drag to go so often to the Dr. I have to see my Dr. One hour subway ride tomorrow all the way across town and I even try to stretch my pills so I go every 5-6 weeks instead. It really takes alot out of me. Vibrations from the train or car isn't pleasant. Good luck. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I think you should call your doctor to get it straightened out.

• I'm waiting to hear back from the Dr. and I'm sure they will fix all of it , it's just a pain in the ass and made me look like a jackass at the pharmacy. thanks for the feed back and hopefully this will be fixed today.
  • I had the same pharmacy "lose" my lyrica script. My doctors couldn't be reached and I was without it for days. I was very angry, and they acted like I was trying to scam them. It was e-filed and they only keep those records for 3 weeks!? Too bad for me huh? Well I'm hope your Dr. will help you and straighten things out. Good luck.
    Faith M
  • CVS and Walgreen could'nt care less about you as a customer. It's unfortunate too, but that's the way it is here in Miami. It really is a sad story. Something similat happened to me a few years ago and the pharacist just looked at me and told me to get out of the store before she calls the police. Can you believe that? I was about 6 days early on a refill of my Oxy ER 40 mg. and she's going to call the police. I'm surprised she spent that much time talking to me. Usually they just say no and that's it. I was sorry to read about that and I do hope that you get that all straightened out for the future. My new pharmacy will call the Dr. office and they won't tell you anything until the entire episode is squared away. Great people!!! Good luck with CVS.
  • I hope you never went back to CVS. Threatening to call the cops because you're a bit early? What bullshit. I'd never set foot in there again. Well, I stick to small pharmacies for that same reason- they know me and don't treat me like some damn criminal. They are so nice and accomodating and I'll never go back to the CVS, Walgreen's, etc EVER again.
  • I have not been back there since that episode after I got my last refill of course. They have called me several times wanting to know if they did something to upset me and why I haven't been using them anymore. Times are tough and they ain't getting any better for CVS, I can tell you. I use a small but fantastic place as a matter of fact, it's on the web, check it out its called South Miami Pharmacy and I believe it's www.southmiamipharmacy.com. They specialize in fertilization, pain, and just plain hard to find meds. Great people with customer service in mind.
  • the pharmacist can treat u terrible sometimes,this 1 guy whos usually there treats me like a crimanal cuz i get pain mds. but the other day i was cery pleasantly surprised, an older pharmacist, some one i havent seen there before, filled my scripts and treated me very well, even told me he hopes i feel better. i was shocked. Good people still exist and are out there. they just hard to find.
  • Hi guys a just got my script filled doctor wrote out new ones with the right dosage, thanks for the feed back and support.
  • I am sooooo happy you got it streightened out!! #:S
    I was having a problem with on guy at the drug store I use to go to. He thought God had died and he was put in charge.At that time I was taking Ultraset. The max dose of this med is 8 a day. I was taking 6 a day and he did not want to fill my script. He said I was taking to much of this meds and even called my new Doctor and told hem I was taking to much. I thought he was a druggest and should know the max ammount that could be taken in a day.
    I had to print the information from the net and show my Doctor that I was NOT taking more than I should.
    Every month it was a fight with this man to get my script filled.
    I switched drug stores but no longer take the Ultraset.
    Hope you have a lovely day.
    Hugssssssss >:D<
    Patsy W
  • Here is the thing with having pain meds filled. I'm sure that some or all of you have had to experience this. No matter how legitimate your health problem is there are an overwhelmingly large amount of pharmacists and techs that treat their customers like they are criminals for doing absolutely nothing wrong. It is a terrible experience. I have had perm nerve damage for four years now from a failed L5-S1 discectomy. I have had more dirty looks and disrespectful comments then I can count. I understand that there are people that abuse narcotic meds but the staff should not make it hard for the honest hard-working people that are just tryin to make it through the day. After the last time that there was a "problem" I told the staff that if they had an issue then they need to take it up w/ my doctor. I also believe that pharmacies should be required to staff their pharmacy with educated people. A HS deploma or GED, to me, is not going to cut it!! :)