Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test


jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I just received a phone call from my insurance comp. stating they are disallowing my short term disability. All the necessary paper work was submitted, that wasnt the issue. Believe it or not they do not agree with the neurosurgeon opinion that I should not work until after my surgery 6/25/09.
I am now in a situation where the doc will not allow me to return to work and my employer will not allow me to return without a doctor release. Now what do I do? I am 4 weeks now with no paycheck, a single mother that gets no child support
Sure I can appeal but god knows how long that will take. The insurance company stated that if this was such a necessary surgery I would of been in surgery by now! I am scheduled for a corpectomy on c-5and6, fusions of levels c4-5,c5-6.c6-7 with cage and plate.Do they think I am getting this done for the fun of it!!!!! Sorry everyone for venting but I am MAD. I am in a lot of pain, on a lot of pain medication and dont think I could work if I tried. Has anyone else had to deal with this? If so any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks for letting me vent


  • Don't be sorry for venting! It sounds like you have every right to be upset. I have not had to deal with an issue like that but I wonder if your HR dept. could help you with contacting the disability ins. or maybe your Dr. would help you with this. Last resort, if you are willing, maybe your Dr would consider doing your surgery sooner or at least let you take the place of a cancellation or something.

    I know you are in pain and feel bad right now. I hope you can get this worked out fast so you can be on the road to recovery and back to work soon! Start making calls as soon as you can!

  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I am currently on a cancellation list matter of fact first cancellation I go. I truly believe I will win this in the end but what infuriates me is what right does the insurance company have overriding what my phy thinks? They hAD NO PROBLEMS taking my premium payments but what good is it if i can not use it. They now have requested my medical records since they realize i am not going to just drop the matter. As all the spineys know the added stress increases pain(not what I need)When I decided to buy long term and short term disability it was for a situation such as this and now I have to fight to be able to use it.
  • I would check with HR also and your union if you have one. Get your Dr. to write out more reasons. I had my Primary do the 4 page exam. As well the insurance mailed my Dr. and asked for more info and they paid her directly. My Dr. had to take my chart home to give them lots of info as she's been my Dr. for 15 or so years. The insurance also called me at home and asked what a typical day was. I was pretty well immobile at the time. I would keep trying with insurance and ask what they need from your Dr. It doesn't have to be the Durgeon who completes the paperwork. Good luck. Sorry you're going through all these hassles. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
Sign In or Register to comment.