Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone help reading a FPE report

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
I just got a copy of my FCE report that was made after the testing I went through to see what my capabilities and abilities were.

I am somewhat upset with the administrator as he made notes of comments I had made like "I mentioned I was helping build a patio"...and like yeah, not a thing has been done to it since the bobcat was here, not me shoveling one shovel-full of dirt because I can't. He made notes that I wanted to fail the test because "things were less intense at home" and I wanted disability and to stay home.

Like yeah, if I do nothing at home, things ARE less intense, I have to take less pain pills, etc. I feel these were taken out of context and am quite upset. Upon reflection I never should I opened my mouth. Oh well, hindsight is 20/30.

I also saw a few words of invalid and effort. Is there anyone here well versed at reading these reports and how valuable are they in determining what one can do.

He has check "up to 5.5 hours" on standing and sitting and "up to 2.5 hours" on walking and climbing". At present time, I can stand about 10 minutes, can walk about 15 and can sit for 45 minutes.

If my neurosurgeon won't continue to keep me off work, I have one last chance that my pain doc will but if I'm released to work, I am "laid off". The only reason I am not panicked at that is that I will get 13 weeks of pay and 3 months insurance while I look for a job, but I was really hoping NOT to go back to work while taking opiates on a daily basis.

I see my neuro tomorrow and pain doc next week. At present time, I am written out of work through mid-June.

Is there anyone I could send this report too, with all pertent personal info marked out to give me a better understanding of what it says. Perhaps I am upset for no reason...or one could hope so. When I fax this to the Long Term Disability office, I will add a cover page explaining further my comments that were remarked on.

Go ahead, ream me out, sounds like I need it. (sigh)

• I wish all people who administer this test were as fair as my evaluator was. He was very thorough and neutral and while the test was very hard on my body, I feel it was accurate.

The purpose of this test is to tell the doctors or disability companies what you can or can't do. I'm surprised he wrote those comments in your report, and unfortunately your disability insurance company may pick up on those. Don't know how much it will hurt you though. They will look at the overall report.

At the bottom of the report, there should be an indication of what type of work he suggests you can do. Sedentary, Sedentary light, light to medium, etc. If they feel you are unable to return to any full time work, it should say this somewhere as well.

Good luck, and don't beat yourself up too bad. I wish you the best.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • I had an FCE in 2004 for the company I was working for.The guy that did it was inept.He wrote on my report that I was a malingerer and had "no problems at all".My job consisted of lots of driving,and very heavy lifting(25-75 lbs consistently)I had a cervical fusion in April,and was being treated for continued shoulder and arm pain with weakness. 8 weeks after he made his report,I had shoulder surgery.During that 8 weeks the guy would send me letters(3 of them)on his letterhead,that would only say "Taunya,how are you doing?" and that was it!It was weird...I sent him a copy of my surgical notes and the arthrogram and I never heard from him again.Needless to say,my company took what he said and made their decision to "replace me due to my inability to return to work",they also stopped my disability.At the time I was not up for a fight,so I just let it go.(by rights I should have filed a workers comp claim,but I didn't) They were right,I was unable to return to that job,but I was not a malingerer with no problems at all.I should have continued to recieve my LTD payments(I had paid the premium on them)but they jumped on the FCE report and that was all she wrote! If you can,have another FCE done,and don't say a word! Have a good day....Sagehen