Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hopefully you'll laugh a bit at my new song

Jim_LJJim_L Posts: 189
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Depression and Coping
This is an old comedic song I wrote back in 1989 that I managed to record the past 2 days. I wasn't being very 'serious' with the recording but I think it came out ok except for a bass screwup in the last chorus. It's about 4 megs, kinda rock/zztop/beach boys...??? I've no idea. The vocals distort a bit and I wasn't being at all serious when I sang it.

Hopefully it'll make ya laugh a bit 'cause I know we all need to...;>)
It's called 'Living With Your Mother', adjust EQ to taste.

• Jim -you are a legend-wish I was some "big-shot" producer.
    Loved the lyrics-made me smile, laugh, was just awesome.
    Will play this every time I need a pick-me-up.
    Your wicked sense of humour is just "priceless". Can you do with a groupie who looks like "quasi-modo" and dances in her mind???
    Thank-you so very,very much-Hugs n' Love-Paula
  • I wish you were a big shot producer too! There's 32 acres up on Mt. Desert Island with over 1000 feet of shoreline i'd build a 'Spiney' preserve on and give out 1 week free vacations to my fellow Spineys!
    Hey, I can dream...;>)

My son hates the vocals so I'll probably do a 'serious' version...;>(
  • The "old" days??? I just downloaded that 4 mb song in
    TEN SECONDS! That would have taken FOREVER 10 years ago!

Good tune Jim, ignore you son :D
  • Your link opens in Windows Media Player but I can't get any sound (yes, my speakers are on and turned up thththththth). Is there also supposed to be a video? All I see are psychodelic moving images - thought I mistook my hydrocodone for acid this morning.

Can you provide another link that might work for me Jimbo?

• Just right click and save to your hard drive then open it up in media player, for some reason when media player 'opens' a tune up automatically on my computer (I do this to test my song links) it sounds like dog poo so I recommend you D/L the song and play rather than have IE/MP open the tune.

Nope, no video...
  • I downloaded and saved to desktop, then double clicked it to open it, it took a bit for it to open and play the first time.
  • That's very wierd,

Try this new 11 meg remixed version with new vocals and better bass guitar (yes i caved in for my son...;>):

• Love both versions-just played it for my hubby-the ending is so awesome-had a good chuckle.
    Still looking to become the groupie- I'm sure the music market could sure use a song like yours. Then the 32 acres could become a reality. Hugs n' Loves- Paula
  • Here's a newer one (slow & sad) co-written with my co-writing (lyricist) partner Ron. I modified the lyrics and wrote the music. I wanted him to sing because he's got a great 'old country' voice but he'd rather I did, so I did...;>)

'And He Still Calls Her Baby'
    http://home.comcast.net/~castle.walls/music/songs/Lassiter_AHSCHBabyv2.mp3 5 megs

and here's another slow country tune I wrote 30 years ago:
  • Cant wit to get to worka and listen in! howya doin? fine i hope! mail man scratches haed when i ask for letter from nashvill or motown ohh well theres always tmorrow
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Well, between the crappy weather here in NH, mowing the lawn when the sun's out, popping pills and killing myself by sitting too long at either the computer or synth, i'm doing ok. I haven't even gotten around to filling out the copyright form yet as I'm not sure when i'll have the $45.0 for the fee...;>)

But I haven't forgotten!!!

I was supposed to get a roofing quote last week and the guy assured me he mailed it out so it must have gotten 'misplaced' the same time as my Home Depot statement and now HD is charging me an extra $100.0 late fee even though it's only 14 days late and not my fault!
    Rotten Bastards...;>)

Ron should be coming over tomorrow morning to put his vocals on 'Last Dance' as mine were just a scratch track.
    Other than that, life as usual...
  • Thank you for the music and being generous enough to share with us all. Feel as if I have been to a concert. Here you are dealing with pain, yet creating the most awesome music. From the bottom of my heart, Thank-you
    Hope the roofing issue gets sorted for you and that you don't get HD late fee slapped on top.
    I live in NZ and we are going into our autumn, plenty of rain lately-keeps the farmers happy!!
    Hugs n' Love- Paula
  • Thanks for liking the music!
    While I can't do much to help anyone here and goodness knows it's needed, I can still make music - tho' much slower than I used to...;>)
    Now if I could just get Terry Bozzio to come over and jam...;>)

NZ...? New Zealand..? Where Herc & Xena were filmed?!?!
  • New Zealand is where I live-just outside of Auckland, a small coastal community. We are lucky to have both east and west coast beaches within minutes of home. I look out my windows to the water. The bush is really amazing, my husband does the whole "hunting, shooting & fishing" thing.
    Your music is similar to what is pretty popular over here.
    Many movies have been filmed here, landscape seems to be able to accomodate movie producers needs & I think the country maybe cheaper cost-wise.
    I think your music is helping people in more ways than you realise-it appeals to the emotions, takes you on a journey -maybe opens avenues to help cope with health issues and pain.Thanks for sharing your talent.
    Hugs n' Loves - Paula
  • Be my agent over there! You get 15%

I'm tired of being poor (admittedly my own fault...;>) and living week to week without the ability to go out and buy HUGE amounts of music equipment i've no place to store or a HUGE 15000 sf 5 story house - er, estate uh, hut - yes, just a tiny hut with a leaky roof by the ocean...;>)

Start shopping my tavern play around over there for a movie deal...;>)

And to change the subject to suicide or perhaps just to a lost loved one (my mom died 2 years ago from breast cancer, old age and alzheimers, not pretty).

Here's a bad recording of a song I wrote back in 1987 with an old friend who played piano & drums & also sang some verses (we would swap verses and sang - as much as beer would allow - harmony with ourselves).

Done on a 4 track cassette deck late at night in his condo (the neighbors were understanding up to a point!) with lots of beer.

It's about the loss of a loved one and continuing on afterwards. We wound up realizing that we had ripped off REO Speedwagon at the end but what the hey... we were young - kinda...;>)

Keep Living On: 3.5 megs
  • Hey Buddy I was Just gently ripping on ya...sorry. Bumnmer on the roof ans all the other stuff, I hope you have a pretty pain free day! soaring with the eagles, or roosting with the buzzards, its all good coz your still flyin inside right?
    Hmm REO Speedwagon! or Journey its a tough choice...who'de you pick to sing n play with if you could be magically transported back to the 80's?
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• No problem...;>)
    To jam with?
    Styx, Stanley Clarke, Rush, Roy Clark (he's still alive or was in the 80's!) Glenn Campbell, Robin Trower, Pat Travers, Peter Frampton, Todd Rundgren & Utopia, ELO, ELP, BTO, REO, Heart, Blackfoot, THIN LIZZY!!!, Foghat, Cheap Trick, The Tubes, Walon Jennings, Willie Nelson... the list goes on and on... and add a full orchestra to fill in any holes...

Yup, still flying inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just got back from 3 hours of grocery shopping at the local super(fluos) wallfart, uh, mart....

Their moving everything around and the employees need friggin' maps to tell the customers where to find things!
    What a mess...!