Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Change your thoughts

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
I am so tired and drained from pursuing a career. I am a full-fledged career woman with a satisfactory marketing job. I have challenged myself many times in the corporate world. I now feel that I have missed so many precious and enjoyable moments in my life, because work became before everything and how do I keep climbing the corporate ladder when I feel stuck and in the same old routine. I need a break!

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. we mostly deal with pain problems here but are more than happy to listen!! :? sorry you are feeling so down and out!! ~X( are you sure you don't need a real break and get down off that ladder for awhile? :? time passes by and there is no getting it back!! hope you are in a better place soon! :D Jenny :)
  • jeffery,i think thats what you need,time to think of your dreams and goals,sometimes i think that us women put everything into work and family life that in the end you feel like a sponge soaking up all your energy doing things for other people.It took me along time to give myself a break without feeling guilty,but now i know i truly need and deserve a brak every now and again ,like a short trip,a night out with the girls or just a facial.My big treat to myself is a 4 day trip to new york in november and i can t wait
  • so just take a break and go around to explore something new in yourself
  • Jenny Smith offered a really great idea.

Taking a break from the corporate world will probably revive you in many ways. Think back to activities you used to enjoy, prior to being a full-time successful career woman.

Whether it's treating yourself to a spa treatment, taking a little vacation to the beach, taking low impact exercise or yoga classes or even some kind of artsy or cooking class... would give you something to break up your routine.

What kind of hobbies do you enjoy? Are there any hobbies you have had in interest in, but never had an opportunity to try? Could be something outdoors or indoors.

Have fun taking a break and dig deep to find activities you truly enjoy. It will do you a world of good.

• It is always difficult when the emphasis of your goals becomes less important and to some extent we are driven people, the inherent problem is that we become our employment it defines our status and expresses to the would who we are and what we have become, a self-actualizer, devoid of the traditional encouragers of employment maybe, power status or financial reward.

That work-life balance thing seems just words and more difficult to do than initially expected, even when a friend have achieved all that he could he was unable to curtail his driven self and that was who he was, it was about the doing and not reaching the next achievable goal.

You may well have a longer epitaph and the really important thing are what and how you did things, it is ok to ease off the gas for a while, you will not crash or disappear, I looked for aspect in others that I admired and tried to emulate those.

You may well have learned from example that this was the only way to achieve be seen or valued and many others are right behind you following those same internal goals and objectives. Have a rest now you have earned it and slow down, dot the things of your dreams and use the skills you have to achieve them. In my heyday I worked 80hrs a week with an increasing staff, pain saved me from all that, someone knew the bigger picture.

Take care and be kind to yourself.

This discussion has been closed.