Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Still having pain in my neck

slowpoke60sslowpoke60 Posts: 139
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hello, I had C6-7 fused on March 12th. Went to my first
appointment and had erays and Dr. said everything was looking pretty good. Fusing slowly. He made me another appointment for June 11th. This week it has been 8 weeks and I am still in a lot of pain and soreness in the back of my neck. My daughter thinks I should call the doctor and make an appointment.

How long did any of you hurt after surgery?

• I had surgery on C56 67
  • Was your surgery anterior or posterior? I had two posterior at C1 and C2 and it took about 8 to 10 weeks before I started to feel less like I had been in a fight.

It never hurts to check with your doc if you are concerned. That's what they are there for.

• I had ACDF c5-6-7 in August of 2008, Let me tell ya, it takes a while for some people. It has been a great improvement over what it was pre-op. I still have pain (and have to take meds) a few times a week.
  • The pain, to me, is as bad as it was before the surgery. Right now, I wish I had not had the surgery done. I sure hope it gets better than this.

• I am still taking the pain medicine some to help me get through the day and to let me sleep at night. I don't take it everyday, because I do not like to take pain meds, but I take it when the pain gets to bad.

• Eight week out of surgery isn't a long time. Although I agree that it would be best to discuss your pain with your surgeon, recovery is a very long road.

I've pasted a link below - it might help you to see what others have to say about long-term post-op pain.

Take care and keep us posted.
  • I know it isn't a long time, but I did expect better by now. When I returned for my 4 week check up, I ask about the pain then, and the Dr. said that he had to reline my spine and that is why I was still having a lot of pain. I am still stiff and sore also. Walk 1 mile a day, some days more.

I read the post that you put on and it does help to know that other people are also still having problems. I just did not expect to be still having it at the extent that I am.

I will be having surgery from T11 to L2 either in July or August. The doctor said it would depend on how I am doing when I return on June 11th. for my second visit for the C5-6 C6-7 surgery.

This site is a great help. I am really glad to hear from everyone.