Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

OUCH! Can it GET any worse...

Vicky ODonnellVVicky ODonnell Posts: 25
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Fibromyalgia
I am in need of support today. The Fibro is taking the best of me for the last 4 days with the weather. Feel like I am going to just die. It's so crazy that weather can effect the body as much as it does.
Been a Fibro sufferer since 1989 (diagnosed). and it has been one hell of a ride.
I can't focus, in excruciating pain and just so depressed. I can't function, work, concentrate, no energy, pain meds don't work, docs have no answers or suggestions, the list goes on and on...
The side effects from all the meds don't help either...
Just need to vent a bit and ask why this disease is so debilitating. I feel like I have been put into a boxing ring with a pro boxer, beat up so bad and left to die.. :(

• Hello Mrs. Vickey I have the same thing when it rain my body aches all over not to mention my herniated disc and my scoliosis. But I do find relief through heat I have this Homedic massager pad I bought from K-mart in 2005 well I use it because with my herniated L4-L5 disc sitting in the tub is too painful. but I lye on my massager pad and control where I want to be massage and i can controll if i want my back to be heated too its great it relax my muscles and cirrculate blood the pain does not go away for good but it helps. Wow did you say you been Dx with fibro since 1989 thats a long time I only been Dx in 2003 . I was 36yr now im 42yr and and was still active until my back gave out when I got knoced down and fallen on my sacrum and left hip I did not think it was injured because when I told the Dr. they did not believe me, so I kept working and being a nurse asst. I have to use my body in stooping, bending ,twisting, pulling ppl and rolling it's hard an add more strain over the years on my spine where now it given out to a point where its herniated the annulus is torn or cracked my synovial fluids is gone not to mention scoliosis toward the left which tends hurt when I sit, and fibromyalgia has nothing to do with this pain I seperate the pain from each other and I know the difference between the two. I am here if you like to vent.
  • hello miss vicky,i know what pain you are going through,i'm 38 and i was diagnosed 20 years ago,i've had several operations,nerve ablation,i'm also on very strong drugs but nothing has yet controlled the pain i suffer every day,sometimes i just wish there was a cure only time will tell.i also have a bulging disc on top of the disease,i've injections from L3-L5,PLUS S1-2,im due for another operation in august what that consists of yet i have no idea,i am here for you if you need to talk.take care.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    Years ago, there were not that many options offered to patients. Luckily today there are many that can help manage the problem.
    I've been dealing with Fibromyalgia along with other spinal disorders for a long time. About 15 years ago, I finally had some Physical Therapy that dealt specifically with this problem. It was not the standard type of PT and I had very good results.
    Since then I have had many other treatments that have helped, ranging for more PT to Exercises, Diet and Medications.
    Best thing to realize is that you do not have to continue to suffer from Fibromyalgia without relief.
    Will all of the help cure the problem? No, but it helps you deal with it day by day.
    Some people look towards medication as the only way to deal with spinal or spinal related problems.
    That is never enough.. Instead a combination of various treatments is needed.
    Read my post on the The Blend
    That describes all the different pieces there are to controlling and managing chronic pain
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • X( I was doing so well after I had to take early retirement because of severe nerve pain after a fusion, After I quit working I could go on medication and my Dr. and I finally got a good combination that was helping alot. Then bingo! This fibro came back after a two year remission. I am in so much pain I don't know what to do anymore. I see my Dr. on Thurs. but I am sick & tired of all the tests and trying this and that. What year do we live in that so many people have to suffer from so many ailments without relief. I think it's just so the pharmacutical companies can continue to make fortunes. Sorry for the angry rant I am just so tired of not being able to enjoy life any more.

I feel for you all out there in the same sinking ship as me. It's also not fun to look so healthy and have people think I just don't want to work any more. It was the worse day when I had to retire early. I loved my job. But could not do it while on any meds.

Thanks for listening, you can pm me Vicky anytime. I'm usually not this bad, really!

Lotta pain today, Donna :(