Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just over 1 wk post 360

alcbaalcb Posts: 140
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all! Had 360/revision last Tues. Had a rough 4-5 days, but I'm doing better! Keep in mind that I've had surgery before, and I heal fairly well. I slept last night, in my own bed, from 11-6, without getting up for meds. Sat through a haircut today and went out for a short lunch. I can shower myself, shave my legs and took the shower chair out of tfraid thathe tub today. (will need it w/shaving legs in the future for stability) I even made dinner tonight.

As most of you can tell, the common thread is that everyone heals differently.....but it's possible to be up and around after surgery. Don't compare yourself to anyone, or try to out-do anyone, but do what's comfortable for you. I have enlisted my family, I have items to help (like the grabber), but I am able to manage a little better than my last surgery. Hopefully this is encouragement for post-op's, or people who are looking at surgery. I think (and only my opinion) that being up and around after surgery as tolerated and setting goals for yourself each day, makes healing easier and helps you avoid post-op complications. I actually feel better standing up and walking (to a certain extent).

Hope everyone is well!!!! -Andrea

• What an enlightening message. It is so good to hear you are doing well...

I am interested in asking you some questions if you don't mind about the scar tissue and the synovial cyst. Would you mind if I PM'd you ?

I am 46, Own a business, 4 children and hubby.. My rock!

3 "failed" back surgeries, 05, 06, 07 Seems I am one of the 30 percent that surgery doesn't work .

PLIF #1 L1,2,3,4. Hardware fell apart in my back so a year later 06, the doctor removed it. Said "all is well, 100% fused" and sent me on my merry way....Never had relief, in fact pain just got worse. He said. there is nothing I can do". Stone cold.

Surgery #3 different doc who said the fusion wasnt done in the correct area and the back wasn't completely fused. He went in through my tummy. Long and short,,been hanging on for deal life with excrusiating pain every day. Pain shots, nerve Blocks, meds, exercise, you name it. then, a new MRI showed a synovial cyst. they did 2 spinal blocks ( PM ) hoping to help the pain once again and break up the syst. NO LUCK. Now, back to the surgeon I go.....My Fibro just makes all this worse. Pain Pain go away....Interested in understanding what they did to you and if the synovial cyst can really cause so much pain. Mine is on the side of the L4-5.. My right side from the start of my pelvic area all the way down to the tail bone... any advise? PM me pls...
  • Andrea -

Good to see you are home and recovering. Take it easy and heal.

• It's great that you're feeling well so soon. I think recovery time is different for everyone and can depend a lot on your age when you have surgery and how many levels need to be done. I hope your recovery continues to progress as strongly as it's started.

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.