Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

a good story

abenakiaabenaki Posts: 76
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Am sitting in the hospital after a four level lumbar fusion and feeling great! Feel much better than before I went in to the hospital. Had four disks removed and the vertabre fused with accompanying hardware. Have been up walking today and as I said I am feeling great. Just wanted to share a good story for people out there looking forward to a fusion surgery.

• I'm glad that you doing great
    I had a two level fusion and I'm not doing too good yet
    I'm still in lots of pain it was done in january
  • Hang in there payo,...don't give up hope. Like Jimmy Valvano said "Never give up, don't ever give up!" Fusion takes awhile to heal from, there is still time from what I have read.

Take Care!
  • I appreciate your responses. It will take a long time to fully heal but I am getting on well at the start. I just want folks out there to know that fusion surgery though very difficult is also an option that some have to choose and it can all go well. Though it is a long road there can be a very happy ending...
  • Thank you
    it sound like we have the same problem.my is a work injury too. but i been dealing with this for years.i'm tired of taking pills and not having a normal life
    i hope everything is going good with you