Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Skew67's Dad Died.....

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Matters of the Heart

This is Kevin , I am not sure how many of you remember him or not....he was on the old site more so than on here but for those of you that did know him and called him friend (like me)....well , his Dad finally lost his battle with cancer. Kevin's Dad died Tuesday afternoon at around 4:25 p.m. I just got off the phone with Kevin and he told me that his Dad went peacefully and that he was at the bedside holding his hand. Kevin and Cher (Kevin's wife) have spent the last 3 weeks over at his Dad's home and Kevin told me that he was able to spend time with his Dad and that those times were and are priceless.....Kevin would not have it any other way.

Kevin and Cher are doing pretty good , all things considered and I will be talking to both of them on the phone quite a bit over the next few days ......so if there is a message that you would like to send their way then please just let me know and I will be more than happy to pass the messages on.

Kevin is a great guy , who loved to go into chat and goof off and make others feel better.....now it is time for all of us that know him and love him to try and make him feel better....he deserves that much.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this.....much love to you all....take care....Miki

• I feel he was given the chance to spend time with his father because he gave so much to others.

• Thanks for sharing that and please pass on my best to Kevin and his family.

• than you miki for letting us know the news on kevins dad.
    so sorry that kevins dad has left us but as we all know he is in a better place now and has peace at last.
    kevins dad got those extra few months at the end and that time was for a special reason...those last few months were meant for you kevin to enjoy happy memories with your dad and i know thats exactly what you did.
    death of a parent is something that we all deal with and im speaking from first hand experience here....my father passed away 18yrs ago just 16days before my my eldest child was born and at that time i was told by a priest that god has to take life to give life and those are words that have been engraved in my head since that day,those words have gave me strength and that strength i am passing onto you kevin as a much loved friend off mine.
    please take some time to think about all the happy times you shared with your father and your family because life is a journey we all have to end at some stage.
    but that journey is made up off trying times and good times and thats what familes are made off.
    i have know doubt that you have an ache in your heart that feels so so painful i am not going to say it will go away because no it wont but it will ease with time and time is a great healer.
    we are all put on this earth for a reason and only god knows that reason,your father has served his time on earth and is now in a much better place.........peace at last his pain and suffering is over now.
    my prayers are with you and your family at this trying time may god bless you and your family.
    im here whenever you need me and you know where to find me.
    god bless kevin.

LOVE P
  • to everyone who took the time to post here whether you know Kevin or not , it means a lot that you took the time.....thanks again....take care....Miki
  • It's sad to hear when you lose a paent even when it's ecpected. It's good when family were there fo him so he didn't have to go it alone. Take care of yourself. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN