Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Droopy eyelid and constricted pupil

NumbskullNNumbskull Posts: 1,526
I was just wondering if anyone else out there has experienced this? I know it's called Horner's Syndrome, mine started immediately after my foraminotomy a month ago. I've also been having severe headaches, and feel like someone is stabbing me in the same eye that is affected. Was wondering if that's part of it, or are the headaches a separate issue? And, how long does it take for this to go away? Any ideas are so appreciated, thanks!!
Good health to all!!
Kelly
APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
advertisement

Comments

• Hiya >:D< Thankyou for that information i will take it up with my doctor :D i have a right sided dropped eyelid :S , and yes the headaches are very bad ~X( i thought they were spinal headaches :''( . :O

Angie :H
  • I'm not sure if the headaches are related to that, I just thought the stabbing pain in the same eye that it might be. My NS referred me to a neurologist about this, I hope he has good news for me (as in it won't last).

If you search Horner's Syndrome, you can find out what causes it, basically, it's a sympathetic nerve that controls your eyelid and pupil that has been either damaged or simply irritated from surgery, trauma, or various other reasons. I also don't sweat on that side of my face, have you experienced that as well?

I have heard of other people who had it, and it did go away with time, but I haven't heard of the headaches, so those just may be spinal related.

Good luck and good health to you!!!
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own