Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Having brain fog today..is this common?

candle99ccandle99 Posts: 279
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I'm having neck issues and my MRI the end of March showed a disc herniations at C5/6 and C6/7 w/spinal stenosis. A neurologist has reviewed the views and said my nerve roots are also compressed at several levels. Can this cause a brain fog feeling? I've had to work from home all week due to appointments and pain. I drove my kids to school this morning and drove right past the school. I feel like a zombie and haven't taken any meds other than my usual. What can this be? My head feels strange, like I have glue poured in between my ears. When I shrug my shoulders and tilt my head back to the right, I black out and see stars for a second. I'm scared to say the least. Please tell me if this is something others with these problems have felt like. I'm still waiting for the referral to a surgeon and have called the nurse back at my GP to tell her of my symptoms today and that I really need to see someone pretty quickly.

• for about a month and a half now. It makes me sleep pretty soundly whereas before I wasn't sleeping hardly at all. I'm a computer programmer and it's been killing me to work, even though I've raised my monitor and lowered my chair and got all the wrist and mouse pads, and the chair pads. My shoulders are just knotted up and my neck feels like a knife is stuck in it by the end of the day. The past two weeks, I've had a burning pain in both shoulder blades, hurts to breathe. I was trying to put off surgery or even the talk about it, but now I'm ready to go. I hate feeling like this. I am tough, but everyone has their limits. I'm also having to think about what to do about work. I'm out of leave and trying to read our LTD policy is like trying to learn Chinese. It sounds like I will have nothing for 6 months, no matter what I do. That's great for a federal govt. job, huh? I do have people that have said they'd donate me some leave, but I hate that. Argh! maybe I should go back to bed and see if that will help.