Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

So far Visited 17 doctors

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
I can't sit in chair in even 1 minit.
My case will be a interesting....
I am a computer programmer and i have sit in chair every day about 10-12 hours.
Since 3 years i am having Upper and lower back pain.
and i have herniated Disc at my lower back.
So far i had visited 17 doctors(include Chiropractors and Physical therapist)
No one can't tell why i am getting Upper back pain..?
If i touch my upper back to chair or car seat or sofa immediately i am getting too much pain...

Please can any one give me advise what are the treatment options for me.

Thanks in advance..


  • Welcome to S~H.

    I can't answer your question,but wanted to welcome you.Have you been offered any options at all from the 17 Drs(include Chiropractors and Physical therapist) that you have seen?

    We cannot offer medical opinions or advice-only personal opinions that are based on what we have either been through ourselves-or heard about.Maybe you can tell us more about your situation and we can offer some opinions based on what you tell us.

    Good luck to you.
  • Hi Robin,
    Thanks for your reply.

    here is the my situation.
    I am 28 years Male
    and i am having Lower and upper back pain since 3 years(every day and every minit).
    I couldn't sit any chair or car seat or SOFA even 1 minit also.My pain level is 7 out of 10.
    Some Neurosurgeons suggested take ESI injection

    I don't know how much it will be help to me...

    any one has similar situation?
    please some one give me advise..

  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832

    Welcome to the forum.

    I am sorry I am unable to offer any suggestions but you are in the right place to get help and advice from others in your situation.


    Liz, Spine-health Moderator

    Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • I would say the best advice is the one your doctor suggests. How can you find out if something will or will not work, if you don't at least give it a try. If you have been to 17 docs, then at least one or two of them must have tried or recommended some sort of treatment. What kind of tests have you had done? What brought on your horrible back pain?

    A little more information would help others in relating to your situation. Welcome to Spine Health.

  • Hope your pain level has decreased for you.

    Have you been able to see the doctor, since your last post?

  • Hi,

    Have you had an MRI and if so what does it say. Also welcome to SH. the more info we have about you case thr better the people in SH are to offer their opinions and experiences. Good luck.

  • There is something wrong here if you have seen 17 medical professionals and not one has been able to help.
    Your job with all of that sitting and concentration will be causing all sorts of stress on your spine and muscles, so you can expect to be in a bad way.
    You cannot keep on doing that to your body without getting ill.
    Are you sure that you are explaining the symptoms clear enough? They must have given you some advice, surely.
    There are at least 2 things that I would suggest.
    1. Get to a remedial massage place to sort out your muscles, which may well be the only real problem.
    It's an easy option, and you will know immediately if it is going to help.
    2. Read about musculoskeletal disorders involved in your line of work. This site for instance:
    You really have to look at what damage you are doing to your body, as you will eventually be unable to work if it continues.
    That was my case.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    Whenever I hear that I think of two things:
    - Upper Thoracic Problems
    - Deep Rhomboid Muscle Problems

    When the rhomboid is having problems, it can put a lot of strain on the upper thoracic discs causing pain, plus it itself will create that burning stabbing pain that is sensitive to touch (like any other injured muscle)

    I have been a computer programmer for 35 years sitting at a desk and workstation from 8 to 12 hours a day.
    That will take its toll on all parts of the spine.
    The biggest problem and most painful while using the computer has been my thoracic discs.

    This is just something that could be looked out. I am far from a doctor, just giving you some of my own personal opinions based on almost 38 years in dealing with chronic pain.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I had 2 herniated discs in my lumbar spine, and at times I've felt the pain creep up into the lower thoracic region. My PM doctor said it could be muscle spasms causing this. Have you tried using heat, ice, or tens unit if you have one? I also suggest using a muscle relaxer because it will help with the muscle spasms. Honestly, I would start off concentrating on your lumbar spine where you have that disc herniation. That can be treated right away and you don't need to hunt further for another doctor. Maybe they will order an MRI if necessary for the thoracic esp if you have nerve pain radiating anywhere.
Sign In or Register to comment.