Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

any opinions

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:31 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I went for my massage this week,i go every ten days since my accident.This time i talked to him about my last massage and let him know that it didn't help much.I was just as stiff again the next day when i woke up as i was just before my massage,it only lasted the evening.So this time he tried a different type of massage to see if it would work better on the stiffness.My question is does anyone know how long it takes for muscles to relax from whiplash? He seems to have some concerns with the fact that my mucsles are in a constant state of contraction.They never seem to release and he's starting to wonder if the accident has aggravated some of the other discs in my spine and is wondering if thats why my muscles won't relax.I really hope not but it sounds like a good reason.My problem is whenever i say anything to my doctor about my problems that i have now she just says that i'm not going to be perfect after having such a big surgery and doesn't want to check into anything else being the problem for my muscle tightness now.
I don't know if its even worth mentioning to her now,probably wouldn't get anywhere with her or if i should wait it out and see if the problem gets better with time.I'm on my third perscription of muscles relaxants trying to keep them relaxed,but it seems to cause more pain than its worth.They relax while the meds.working on me but once it starts to wear off i'm in severe pain with all the muscles tightening back up again.
advertisement

Comments

• Please consider getting another opinion. Any doc that does not take your pain seriously is not worth having. Maybe your injuries are beyond her capabilities. It is always worth getting a second opinion especially when it comes to something as important as your spine. Good luck and please keep us posted.