Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Chronic Pain
:SS I need to vent. I'm so frustrated and confussed, about what to do for myself. I joined this site last night, and I'm greatful to find all of the information, and such careing people that are here.
I have such pain, mostly in my lower back. I have a herniated disk, 4 buldging disks, Osteoporosis, Scoliosis, pain that goes down my leg, Fibromyalgia, and whatever else that I just can't think of right now, (major brain fog!)

I was diagnosed about 2 1/2 years ago. I've tried PT, that did nothing. I think that I need an operation, but, who to go to??? I have found one Dr. on here, that is about 25 minutes from me. I will call him in the morning, and pray that he accepts my insurance.

All I know is that I just can't go on living this way. Yesterday, my husband and I went to the Home Depot, to get the things we need to redo our bathroom, it's really in need of help. We must have spent 3 hours there, picking things out. By the time we where ready to check out, I was in tears with pain.My husband checked out, and I went to the car to sit down.
Today, I have been in such pain, and so tired, I just stayed in bed and slept.
I'm so used to doing for everyone else, now the shoe is on the other foot. I feel like a useless slug!

I have a nephew that just had surgery, and he is now able to work again. Before he had the surgery, he could hardly even walk. So, that gives me some hope. But, he lives in VA, and I'm in NJ. Thats to far for me to travel, plus I couldn't afford to go.

If there is anyone on here that lives in NJ, would you be so kind as to pm me? I REALLY NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO.

Well, I have complained enough so I really should get to bed.

Thanks for listening,

• Hi Lin, even though I do not live in NJ I would be happy to talk to you. I can relate to your pain. I have had 5 surgeries on my lower back with the last resulting in Fusion from L3-S1. One thing you are not is a useless slug because you are in pain. I know sometimes one feels that way when they can't control the pain they are in, but hopefully it get's better. Do you have a Family doctor that can referr you to a Neurosurgeon? I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia about 5 years ago. The pain with that is so wide spread that if you have any other problems it just makes it that much worse. Are you taking anything for the Fibro? I tried Lyrica for a while then started having side effects with it so now I take Relafen 4 times a day. So far so good! Well, I know I haven't helped much, just want to say Good Luck with finding a Surgeon
  • want to try a good Pain Management doc before opting for surgery. Keep your chin up. There is help for you out there you just have to find the right doc. If you have not already seen a PM that would be a great place to start. Surgery should always be left as a very last result as they are not always successful and can not be reversed. Good luck and anytime that you want or need to talk, there is usually always someone here to listen.
This discussion has been closed.