I had a fall at work and now I have a ruptured disk at my C6-7 and a tear in my sciatic area and they are looking at doing surgery. I have Fibromyalgia which doesn't help things...My question is has any one had the new surgery on the neck called PRESTIGE® Cervical Disc. I was wondering if this one has less side effects and does it take the pain away and can you move your neck like you could before??
I had Chiropractic for both issues and iced areas....it help for a short time but pain always comes back. I have numbness and tingling in right hand & arm with pain also I can't put my arms up past my shoulders. It hurts like crazy. I have issues with pain going down the legs and groin pain. I have a tear in the S-1 but they are saying that is not related and that it could not have happened with the fall. I can walk for some distance then it is like my legs are 300lbs and I have to use a cane because my right leg hurts so bad. Can they just give injections to help this or do they do surgery on this one too. The Dr I saw didn't seem too worried about it.
1. Oxycontin 30mg am & pm (pain) (Increased 20mg more as of 5/1/09 because of fall)
2. Oxycodone 10mg/325mg 1 every 4 hours as needed (pain) (Increased 5 mg more as of 5-1-09 because of fall)
3. Zanaflex 4mg 1 every 8 hours as needed (muscle spasms)
4. Cymbalta 30mg once a day (nerve pain)
5. Tamazapam 30mg 1-2 at bedtime (sleep)
6. Xanax 0.25 mg 1-2 a day as needed (sleep, nerves)
7. Zantac 150mg 1 am and 1 pm (Gerd)
8. Vitamin D 50,000mg 1 tab q week (deficiency)
9. Lyrica 75mg am and pm (nerve pain)
10. Celebrex 200mg 1-2 a day as needed (cramps)
11. Prometrum 200mg 14 days out of the month (hormones replacement)
12. Pericolace 100mg 2 am and 2 pm (stool softeners)
13. Miralax 1 cap in 8 oz H2O Q day PRN (constipation)
14. Nabumetone 500mg 1 BID for (inflammation from fall)