Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new and on workman's comp

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:31 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi there,
I had a fall at work and now I have a ruptured disk at my C6-7 and a tear in my sciatic area and they are looking at doing surgery. I have Fibromyalgia which doesn't help things...My question is has any one had the new surgery on the neck called PRESTIGE® Cervical Disc. I was wondering if this one has less side effects and does it take the pain away and can you move your neck like you could before??

I had Chiropractic for both issues and iced areas....it help for a short time but pain always comes back. I have numbness and tingling in right hand & arm with pain also I can't put my arms up past my shoulders. It hurts like crazy. I have issues with pain going down the legs and groin pain. I have a tear in the S-1 but they are saying that is not related and that it could not have happened with the fall. I can walk for some distance then it is like my legs are 300lbs and I have to use a cane because my right leg hurts so bad. Can they just give injections to help this or do they do surgery on this one too. The Dr I saw didn't seem too worried about it.
Meds on:
1. Oxycontin 30mg am & pm (pain) (Increased 20mg more as of 5/1/09 because of fall)
2. Oxycodone 10mg/325mg 1 every 4 hours as needed (pain) (Increased 5 mg more as of 5-1-09 because of fall)
3. Zanaflex 4mg 1 every 8 hours as needed (muscle spasms)
4. Cymbalta 30mg once a day (nerve pain)
5. Tamazapam 30mg 1-2 at bedtime (sleep)
6. Xanax 0.25 mg 1-2 a day as needed (sleep, nerves)
7. Zantac 150mg 1 am and 1 pm (Gerd)
8. Vitamin D 50,000mg 1 tab q week (deficiency)
9. Lyrica 75mg am and pm (nerve pain)
10. Celebrex 200mg 1-2 a day as needed (cramps)
11. Prometrum 200mg 14 days out of the month (hormones replacement)
12. Pericolace 100mg 2 am and 2 pm (stool softeners)
13. Miralax 1 cap in 8 oz H2O Q day PRN (constipation)
14. Nabumetone 500mg 1 BID for (inflammation from fall)
advertisement

Comments

• I have not had personal experience with an ADR but my doc did tell me that he feels that they still need much improvement before he would consider using one. I did have an annular tare at L3/L4 and it did cause groin pain for me. I wish you luck and please keep us posted.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. we cannot offer any info on that specific disc procedure, it is like advertising. :? i am sure others will drop by with info about surgery though. i am sorry you are having such pain. sometimes problems just never seem to end! :T i see you are on Lyrica. =D> I have found it to be a big help with the sciatica in my left leg. :D good luck as you face these new pain problems. stop by anytime and keep us posted. :D Jenny :)