I was wondering if you think I should reschedule my neurosurgeon's appointment.
My HMO has approved a consult with one. I get this one shot because I can not afford to pay out of pocket for another. My problem is, is that for quite a while now my pain comes and goes. At times I can literally barely walk from the back and sciatica pain. Every move is so painful. Nights are dreadful. This could last for a few days then lessen up to where I have just a moderate pain in my back and slight tingling in my leg. Just when I think I might be healed it goes in it's cycle again. No rhyme or reason. MRI showed herniation in l5-s1 with mild stenosis.
Today is one of my better days but tomorrow I could wake up and literally have trouble getting out of bed.
Is is better to go to the neurosurgeon when it is in full blown action? I fear the day when I will wake up feeling terrible pain and can not wait to go to the doctors to get some relief for those times. I worry that the doctor will treat me as if I am healed and send me on my way without any treatment. As I said, they gave me a referral for a consult so after that I don't know what they will do if they feel I don't need a specialist. Appreciate your opinions.