Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Introducing myself

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,623
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:31 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone. I'm dec721, real name Dorothy. Lower back pain for years, now so bad I can hardly stand it. Doc told me to lose weight, then come back for spinal fusion (after trying everything else). Have lost over 100 pounds. Have no idea what I'm in for surgery-wise and am scared! I'm looking forward to getting to know you and learning lots here. Thanks!
--Dorothy
advertisement

Comments

• I'm a 59 year old woman, nurse of 37 years! (I,m old !) and in 10/08 had an anterior posterior thoracic fusion from T2 to L2 (about 12 vertabra) Then, my cervical spine started lisping forward and I Had a C 5,6,7,T 1, T2 fusion with hardware removal in March 09. I lost my job of 32 years in preop due to time out and now I find myself without disability (it was cancelled when I attempted to go back to work 3 weeks ago unsucessfully, due to the pain. Anyway, life does have it's roller coaster movements and we just have to hold on for the ride and get stronger each time. Besides the on going pain, paarticularly in my neck, that nasty depression can almost be harder to handle. It's so hard to reach out to friends and family, but it's a must. If people don't know how you're feeling, they'll assume fine. I also, sadly realized, that some friends along the way slip away into the woodwork and unless you make the efffort to call, they'll slowly disappear. We must stay connected to people and talk, even though we get tired of thinking how are lifes have Temporarily turned out. Sorry this is so wordy, but it's actually my first chat room and I got carried away. Oh, just general info, I had all this surgery due to progressive kyphosis (curve 85% ) and unable to tolerate sitting or standing long periods of time. The veedict is still out on this surgeries, as I've had a number of complications, but, time will heal and back/neck surgery is big stuff so it's a day at a time. Thanks for listening--promise to be less wordy next time. Boo
  • Wow!! Losing 100 lbs is quite an accomplishment. Good luck with your surgery and please keep us posted.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i want to give you a big congratulations on your weight loss!! <:P that is really impressive and i am sure took alot of hard work.. :D check out the top of the forum under "Treatments" for some input on back surgery.. :D good luck and keep us posted! Jenny :)