Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

kimmeamkkimmeam Posts: 149
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Chronic Pain
I think I might want to try a tens unit. I remember having something like that while I was in P/T. It felt good with the heat. Unfortuneatly the pain came back as soon as it was done. Maybe I can use it for some relief? Some relief is better than none. I just don't know where to buy or which to buy. Any suggestions?

• Hi kimmeam, not sure if I can do it here so I sent you a PM with some info.......
  • Some time ago i got a Boots TENS unit. Very basic and easy to use. The problem is that the output isn't great.

I just got a modern TENS device which has a wide variety of settings. The problem is that there's a 'basic' user manual, but it's no great.

I suffer from Cervical Spondylosis, causing pain in my neck, shoulders, arms, hands and fingers.

I also have, after an accident, sciatica in my right leg. The surgeons can't, (or won't), operate because it's too close to my spine. My discs are degenerating and so it's going to be a situation which isn't going to get better.

Back to TENS.
    My new device is a 'Natures Gate TN-200', and has all sorts of settings for pulse width and spacing etc, it also has a higher output than the old one, but, i can't find any info on where to place the electrodes and how to set up the machine.

Does anyone have any info that i can download and print out?.

Many Thanks All,

• i have sent you the address of a supplier so you can see what i mean .i use mind every day and would not be without it .i have tried many units over the last 16 years but the acticare kick butt! omron also do a good one too.trust me on the acticare its a must for all back pain sufferers if it was no good i would not have one .i talked to the company and if you are out of the uk they will extend the 30 day trial if you say you are a member of spine health and live outside the uk
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
This discussion has been closed.