Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ProDisc Problems

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
:? I'm wondering how many people that have had ProDisc implanted have had problems? Myself, had multiple level lumbar surgery with proDisc 4/4, and it had to be removed 4/27. It had shattered my bone and was pressing on nerves.

Anyone know of any one else that has had problems?

• Prodisc is one of the most proven discs out there. I researched all the discs and ADR in general for a year before choosing a surgeon and prodisc. I have never come across a prodisc device failure in reading hundreds of posts. But I have read a few stories about failed ADR surguries with all the discs. Failed ADR is usually a result of a bad placement job or a surgeon who failed to recognize that the patient was never a good ADR candidate in the first place, bone density or facet joint arthritis, too much loss of disc height are just a few examples of those who should not be ADR candidates. That being said, I was just informed that one of my 3 discs is subsiding and I have been advised I need a re op with a fusion at that level. So, yes, I am having to have a revision due to what shows on the X rays. Though, I am in no pain at the moment.
  • I had my adr 1-20-08 age 35 at L3L4 i am numb around my bikini line ihave not yet been approved for phy therapy and have back pain every night.It is not as bad as before and my leg pain in almost completely gone but my back pain continues to wake me up every night. Not sure if it was a success maybe with PT if will be.