Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

neck pain interfering with my life

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Chronic Pain
I just found this site and thought maybe someone would have advice for me. Last year I was at home and I stretched, nothing fancy, I tilted my head to the side and my neck popped. By the end of the night I felt like I had an ice pick in my head at the base of my skull. I went to the ER because it was making me sick too. Its gotten a little better but by the end of the night I feel nauseous and my head hurts so bad I can't do anything. How can I keep living like this? I've done PT, it helped some, and chiropractor, helped some but its still bad. I've always had neck and back problems but I've been able to deal with it. I tried taking muscle relaxers, anti inflammatorys, tylenol, excedrin, nothing helps. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you!

• I'm so sorry you are going through such a rough patch right now. What did they say was wrong with you? Have you had an MRI done?

Take Care
    Jackie :H
  • They first said it was just muscle spasms, they did a CT scan and I've had xrays but not an MRI.
  • I wish they would do an MRI on you, its so much clearer.

• Sorry for your suffering. I just found this site and am interested in finding people with neck pain..I have it on my left side of neck behind neck. Under left ear. I got xrays done an they mention slight fasic arthritis? I believe that is how it was called. I am taking at night .5 mg Klonopin and 50 mg. I sleep well and the pain seems less upon waking. But if I get stressed or work on computer...it hurts. And never mind if I have stimulants...coffee wow it really tightens up an hurts so I have cut that out completely. Anyone else suffering with this? Appreciate your input.
  • dose interfere with your life on a scale that's hard to comprehend if you are not experiencing it ..that's why others that are not in pain can give us a hard time,overtime i have learned to say sod em!! and look after number one!! i used to always put others first but i have found that is not reciprocated and when you don't do as others expect its you thetas get it in the neck {pardon the pun!}.my advice look after yourself and don't think that you have to conform to anyone's idea of normal ..just because they can't see your pain does not mean that it does not exist.chronic pain is torcher and i have found that many people aren't sympathetic ...lets just wait until they need help !!!!{you may have noticed from some of my recent post that i am getting pi553d off with people giving me a hard time for being ill and some of them are family members { maybe that's a post in its self!!}
  • yes i used to have the same trouble with neck as you. it was worse at night...why i dont know...and no pill ever helped...even dilaudid narcotic which is super strong.
    i did get some relief with ice on the temple and 1.5 in. behind ear. i finally got fusion but i am still in pain...
    hope drs can help...
This discussion has been closed.