Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain and swelling

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,662
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi I am new here and looking to see if my experences are normal. I had c4-c7 diskectomy and fusion with donated bone. The surgery went well but had a lot of pain after but it slowly got better. I still have severe pain and swelling about every 3 weeks. Is this normal? I still have severe head pain 2x a week and some neck pain most of the time but it is better than it was prior to surgey. I am wondering about others surgery outcomes?

• Hiya Jen , >:D< Welcome To Spine Health >:D< How long is it since your operation? :? And what medication are you taking? :? We are all in simular situations ~X( , just some are backs :S , necks :O , knees ~X( and so on, but the advice we give is based on our own personal experiences :B , and sounds like you are in the right place :D Keep posting! :)

Angie >:D< :H
  • Hi Jen,

Welcome to spine-health. How long ago was your surgery? Are you fused at those levels? Sounds like your doing much better than prior to surgery, which is a step in the right direction. It can take up to two years for everything to heal up. You have to keep in mind that you had major surgery and healing is go to take sometime. What does your surgeon say about these issues? Have they ordered any further films to see what is going on? Anyway welcome to spine-health and look forward to reading more of your post.
  • It has been two years since my surgery. I had c4 through c7 fused. I have not been back to the doctor because I lost my insurance so I am not on any meds nor have had further testing. At this point I am still trying to figure out if this is normal or if I need to go back to the doctor. They were stright with me prior to surgery that they doubted my head pain would be much if any better but he was willing to try because the the amount of pain I was in. it is some better and my neck pain is different than it was prior to surgery. My post op films three weeks after surgery looked good and I had good fusion starting but have not had any films since.
  • Hiya jen >:D< Sweetie my heart goes out to you >:D< Its been 2 years since your surgery :? , and a lot can happen in that time :S . You should go and get this checked out :) . When you have any type of surgery on your back this means your back will never be as strong as it was :( , and there will always be that weakness there :? . Please go an get this checked out >:D< .Let me know how you get on :)

Angie >:D<