Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I won my SS case

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Good News
Hello friends - it's been quite some time since I've posted on this forum, but I wanted to share in my 'Good News'.

On March the 2nd, I was approved for SSD. After 5 years of termoil, heartache, worry, and going deaper & deaper in dept, the judge gave me a fully favorable decision on my claim. I was in shock when I heard the news, after only being in the room for about 10 minutes. One drawback was that the judge ammended my onset date from Feb 4, 04 to Jan. 1, 07. Quite a dissapointment. I didn't want to appeal his decision, because from what I've heard, you can be denied totally when it goes for review. So I just sucked it up and took the deal. I'm just happy I'll start receiving monthly income, (it's been such a burden for my husband to keep us a float.) My husband has been so wonderful thru all of this and told me, (after we walked out of the building) I'm buying you the most expensive dinner. You deserve it hun. Of course, that made me cry. And I practically cried all the way home.

I received my letter from my lawyer showing what to expect next. It said it could take another 60-90 days as it would go to a review board. And so, I waited, but not for long. Within in a matter of 5 days, my back pay was in my bank. I was in shock, not expecting it for another 90 days. You know how SS works... wait, wait, wait. When I saw that in my bank, I couldn't believe my eyes. "I received my back pay before I even received my approval letter. What are the chances of that?"

Thanks to all who have been helpful & supportive with my back/neck problems and who have encouraged me throughout this difficult time.

-Kristi :)
aka: paininthebutt, (I lost this screen name some how)

Good luck to all who are fighting the good fight. To one day reach, what seems like the impossible dream; that is winning a SS claim. God Bless!

• Congradulations!!! Its a wanderful feeling isn't it! I to just recently got my approval! Best wishes for you and your family.
  • It's about time~and not a minute too soon ☻
    The money was in my account before I recieved my approval letter too...of course,that was years ago,but I remember it well! I still have the new furniture that I bought with it.No longer new,but I have taken care of it so it still looks pretty good.If not for getting that SS money I would never have been able to get new furniture because I was a single mom.

Good luck and I hope you can put off surgery as long as possible.. :)))
  • i am so happy for you! <:P what a relief for your husband as well. =D> sounds like he has been there for you through the whole thing!! hope you enjoyed that dinner! :D Jenny :)
  • for your posts. I love this message board. Others I have posted on -- not one response, and I've been a member for many years. Not that I needed the recognition, but it would have been nice.

I see some familiar ID's of people who have responded to my post, (helpless, lulusheart, Robin, janetatum) and I thank you for it.

To Helpless: Thank you for your encouraging post. Really, this means a lot. I have been fighting with ths decision for years and I know I MUST do it, and do it soon. I'm not getting any younger, (45). My children are 20 & 26 and will soon be starting families of their own. I want to be able to hold my grandchildren, play with them and be the grandma I want to be. But I cannot with the pain I live with on a daily basis. One thing... I know everyone has their own pain tolerance. But honestly, I think mine is super low. But then on the other hand, I've been with 5-6-7-8 pain levels for more than 5 years, so I guess I just need to suck it up and get it over with.

Thanks again -- you guys are great,

- Kristi :)

• How long do it take yoy? i go before a jugde on 09/10/08,been 3 years L4,L5,L5,S1Nerve root inpengment.
  • It took me 4 years, my wife was (and still is) the $$ for the family. The waiting and debt dealing was the hardest. I'm glad you finally got it!

I think all judges and advocates in such matters should have back problems as part of their position requirements! Maybe they'll smarten up and care more for what we cripples and drug addicts go through...;>)
  • I'm very happy for you. It's nice to have some income to pay the bills for sure! I'm sorry it had to take so long to come through. I'm doing a happy dance for you well inside anyways. God bless you also. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I am so very happy for you! I have my hearing in front of ALJ on 10/19/2009. I hope that it goes as well as yours did. Congratulations.