Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am looking for ideas

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, I am childofgod and was diagnosed in February 2008 by MRI with degenerative disease in my lumbar spine with central canal stenosis and right and left neural foramina stenosis in L3, L4 and L5 regions. I have been taking Panlor for pain which seems to help. My family physician recently retired and I am currently seeing a DO, who changed my pain medication to Duragesic patch for one month--I could not see any improvement with pain patch so she switched me back to Panlor. She talked to me about epidural injections and sending me to a pain clinic. I am also diabetic and have been losing weight, 53 pounds so far, with about 75 more pounds to lose before I would be considered a good surgical risk. I am trying to get healthy and have been working at it for the last year. My blood sugars are well controlled and sometimes have even been off all insulin, and when I am taking insulin--I take a lot less.
I cannot walk more than a half block and that is usually bent forward. I would like opinions about the epidural and any ideas for some type of exercise I could do.
I have a lot of constant pain in my lower back, buttocks and down my legs. Every step causes a lot of pain. Right now the only relief I get is sitting leaning forward or lying down on my left or right side in bed.
Everyone is amazed that I have lost weight without being able to exercise, but it is a long on-going process and I need ideas for relief now. I do not take a pain pill every day because I did not want to depend on them--so I am very limited to what I can physically do when I do not take a pain pill.
Thanks for any advice or help you can offer--childofgod

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. perhaps you need to rethink your use of pain mediction? :? lots of us here use them every day and lead as productive lives as possible. =D> with the medications these days, there is no need to suffer. ~X( of course this is personal choice and you should talk to your doctor. :-C stop by anytime! :D Jenny :)
  • hi, i am sorry u have such pain but i agree with jenny about leading a productive life or close to it with pain medications. as my pm doc told me - the goal is to be able to function on a daily basis with pain meds to ease the pain. good luck to u.