Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anxious times all over again

doofddoof Posts: 131
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Matters of the Heart
Hi folks,

I'm an old timer on here, had my fair share of back and neck issues and was hoping that I was on the road to recovery, however ..........

The old pains have returned in the other leg, along with hip, pelvis and abdominal pain but this time it's worse than ever. I used to only get the leg pain and foot numbness when standing or walking slowly, now it's sitting, getting in and out of the car, laying down, standing - urgh, you all know the score.

My personal circumstances have changed dramatically, as a result of this I have been referred to a new hospital - in a way I'm not to upset as the last consultant messed up my first back op and I ended up having a re-do 6 months later.

This new one is a colonel in the army, he examined me and said 'I think your lower back is collapsing', I think he missed the 'break it them gently' part of the course! I have had my mri (that came through within 6 days on the NHS - unheard of in the UK), but I was then told I had to wait until 7th July for the results - typical!

I have mixed feelings today, the hospital have rung and he has asked for me to be called in earlier (2nd June), I'm pleased that I don't have to wait so long for the results but anxious because it means he has seen something that can't wait.

I don't expect any replies, I've used this site many times in the past just to 'sound off' and that is exactly what I am doing now.

I'm afraid, I'm worried, I'm fed-up and I'm in pain. Looks like you are going to have to put up with another sarcastic Brit in the chat room soon.

• doofie my friend!!!

we meet again!!

love ya lots

MRS P
  • let us know how it goes...sending good vibes to you in the UK and some hugs >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • sorry your having a bad time of it at the moment...good luck for 2nd june...keep us posted how you get on...hugss
    Tracy uk
  • Doof
    Will be thinking of you on June 2nd and hope the news isnt too bad. I think the waiting is one of the hardest parts. When we have the info/results we then know what we are facing and can then come to terms with it.

Sending you lots of love, hugs, and healing thoughts.
    Danni xxxx oooo xxxx
  • Sorry that your doctor must have been out golfing with mine, on the "Bedside manner 101" course day, mine blurted ... "well you`ll probably never really be out of pain, but you`re better than you were ain`t ya ?"
    I have been a bit low (diabolically miserable) and not fit company, so I haven`t inflicted my misery on my chat buddies for a while, I am starting to cheer up a little, so we will have to make a date to meet in chat soon. Lets hope he has something constructive to say in June.

Love and Best Wishes "V"
  • Thank you all for your good wishes, hugs etc, they really do mean alot to me.

I know that alot of you are going through far more troubles than I am, yet you all still manage to pull it out of the bag when needed ........... big hugs to all of you.

I will let you know how it goes on 2nd June because I know that you all know just how big a deal this is. Friends, family, colleagues and loved ones are all there for us but they really don't understand just what it is all about - not like you guys, you have all been there, done it, got the t-shirt!

I'm in danger of getting all sentimental (not like Doof at all)! Great to hear you are on the mend my old chum V and Mrs P, well what more can I say - yeah, yeah, yeah, you were right, once a spiney always a spiney!

All the hugs have been received in the UK, thank you all very much - speak soon .............

• Hi Doofie,

We haven't met yet, but I just wanted to join the chorus of: "Go Doofie! Go Doofie!"

Wishing you all the best for June 2.

• Hi there doofie...Im so so sorry you are going through all this.....its a nightmare isnt it! I really hope everything is ok when you see the consultant in June....and if something is up that it can be easily sorted out, its not easy having spine issues and leg issues too...and I agree with you family,friends are there for us but they dont understand.....how could they, unless they have walked in our shoes. Anyway Doof I just wanted to reply to your post and let you know im thinking of you.sending you nice gentle hugs(((((hugs doof))))))xoxoxo >:D<cya wouldnt wanna be ya lol only joking doofeeeeeeeeeee!