Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am so disappointed

NumbskullNNumbskull Posts: 1,526
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Depression and Coping
in some of the responses within threads that I've read in a few places here. So stinging, so rude, so sarcastic... I thought this was a place that we turn to for encouragement, comfort and help?

If someone doesn't like a certain topic, or is too sensitive to the subject, doesn't common sense dictate to not continue reading or posting comments on that thread? Maybe it's me that's being hyper-sensitive...

I just worry that comments such as those have the potential to be so detrimental to a person who is not at their best (or the best that they can be, as we all know the "good days" can be few and far between for a lot of people). Maybe it's just that the people who leave such comments are having a bad day, and are routing their anger/pain/bitterness here. If that's the case, I so hope that those people do find the comfort and peace that they need!!

Good health and well-being to all, sending big hugs everywhere... >:D<
APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own

• that is the intent sometimes people have to agree to disagree and what kind of place would it be in if we were all huggy kissy?? people want to hear different sides, ideas, experiences, etc Sometimes it's hard to get across some things in writing and sometimes the thread just goes to dumps. If it gets bad sometimes someone will try and redirect it or the mods will help.

Honestly it's been my experience since '07 that in general the majority of topics I've come across are overall good. People do have bad days and some are just blunt. I have the mindset to take what I need and leave the rest. I am probably guilty of being direct at times but usually it's because some folks drive me nuts just like real life,lol

thank you for your service I hope you are getting the help you need for the PTSD
    I hope your experiences here are better. The site is huge and grown alot so it's bound to get a little heated here and there, pls don't let it sway you I have found SH to keep me sane at times, because you all "get it"

take care friend >:D<
  • I totally agree with you both, and, lol, I've actually used the term "agree to disagree" in a post before, too!! Being blunt is one thing, sometimes it's the only way to get a point across, but being downright rude and intentively hurtful is another. I do find that this is a terrific site, and 99% of the threads, and people, are so helpful, so I'll just be sure to stay away from those that aren't... Thanks all and have a great day!!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own