Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4 weeks post op - Disectomy L5/S1

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Pain Management
I had a Discectomy 4 weeks ago, L5/S1. I also have DDD. The pain that I had prior to the surgery is gone, however now I am dealing with a new pain. All across my lower back, near surgical site and a little in the upper thighs left and right. The lower back is the worst. I am still taking percocet, soma and a fentanyl 50 patch. It seeems to be getting worse. I went back to work a few hours a day and the chair at work is a killer. I am only sitting for about 20 min. I can't seem to do anything for to long. Walk, stand in one place, sit, etc. OMG!!!! I just want this to be over. Its so frustrating. I have a call into the Nuerosurgeon. I am supposed to go to Costa Rica in two weeks. I am getting really nervous. Originally the pain was only on the left side. Now this new pain is on the left and right.

Is this normal. How long do I need to be dependenant on pain meds. Will this pain go away.

• Your symptoms sound just like mine. I had a laminectomy March 5th and am still on pain meds. The sciatica that I had the surgery for is gone but now all across my lower back is killing me. My left side just aches all the way down into my leg. My neuro thinks it is inflamed and I have taken one steroid pack and getting ready to start on another. Then I have to go back to him if it is not better and possibly get a new MRI.

I wish you luck. If you find out anything let me know and I'll do the same.