Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What Feels Good?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:31 AM in Chronic Pain
So we talk about what hurts us... what causes pain or makes it worse. We talk about what we've done to manage our pain...

... what feels good? Is there something you do that just feels divine?

For me, it is usually heat. Heating pads are okay. Hot water beating on my back is better. Heat-stim at the PT... that I miss. That felt fantastic. (Can't afford a home TENS unit at the moment. Maybe in a few months.)

That and being hugged. I love hugs. Sitting with my daughter in my lap is a treat to me. When I'm in a lot of pain or having a flare, what have you, I just can't do it. So I tend to hug her and cuddle her as much as I can.

What about you? What are your pleasures?
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,065
    I like this topic thread. So many times we get hung up on the negatives regarding our situations. So when there there is thread about the positive, I get excited.

What is it for me?
    1 My family being there for me
    2 My Friends
    3 My Hot Tub
    4 A really nice bottle of wine
    5 Cooking for Friends
    6 Warm moist heat
    7 Spine-Healths' Members
    8 My Lawn and Gardens
    9 Going to the Rehab pool to work out
    10 Responding to threats like thia!
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • bubblebath (come on, people, =)) ) and a good book
    Cuddles from my boyfriend, our cats and dog
    Our flower gardens and fish pond and the sound from the waterfall
    They may not take away the pain, but they make me forget for even just a moment!!!
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Great thread!

My all time favorite is lying on the couch with my feet on my boyfriend's lap and having him give me a foot massage! Nothing soothes or distracts the pain better, especially on my 'bad' leg.

During the day at my desk, I use an electric heating pad behind my lower back which relaxes my muscles and distracts from the unpleasant sensations.

What made me feel REALLY good yesterday was meeting a pain doctor for the first time in 6 years. For once, I was treated with respect, care and concern. I was encouraged to talk for over an hour! He was the first doctor who really understood and gave me hope for the first time in a long time.

I also love balcony gardening. Just little pots of plants. I love getting dirt under my fingernails and nurturing living things. That also makes me feel 'alive' and 'normal'.

Actually, there are so many things that make me feel good...I should do them more often!

Karen
  • things that i like
    wife being around
    my cocker spaniel
    my car
    swimming {i love that}
    watching my plasma TV and listening to pink floyd on my old hi fi
    visiting my daughter in the isle of man
    all my home comforts
    over the years we have bought many gadgets that have promised pain relief ..many are now in the bin but some .like the acticare/electrical adjustable bed and recliner are worth there weight in gold
    like ron says threads like this one are good as they make you thing about the good things
    STRAKER
  • Yes, thank you bluebeegirl. Awesome thread. I can't wait to read more peeps "feel goods."

Mine:
    1. Being with my hubby
    2. Puppy kisses
    3. My floofy robe (makes me look really fat and I don't care)
    4. Watching home movies of my late Merc and Maggie
    5. A good book
    6. Going to the movies
    7. Golf (when it doesn't hurt)
    8. My sleep number bed and Egyptian cotton sheets
    9. Thunderstorms
    10. Being with our friends
    11. Playing World of Warcraft
    12. Spine-Health
  • We seem to forget the things that make us feel good, I think you just get numb from all the pain, Things that make me happy.

1. My wife of 20 years and our 3 children
    2. My faithful Black Lab(Gypsy)
    3. The outdoors
    4. Music like straker (pink floyd,alan Parsons Project, Triumph and alittle Black Sabbath never hurts
    5. Heat......
    6. This site.......

Hope everyone has a safe pain free holiday Weekend.

Todd
  • Thanks Bluebeegirl... this is a great post! :)

1. Snuggling up to my hubby and children.
    2. Petting and cuddling my 4 little kittens.
    3. Heating pads, heating pads, heating pads!
    4. Having a good laugh with my hubby and children.
    5. Watching people I care about smile and laugh.
    6. Doing my stretches throughout the day.
    7. Aquatic exercises in our pool.
    8. Soft blankets and fluffy pillows.
    9. My pain medication.
    10. Meditation with the scent of sweet pea candles.
    11. Chai tea.
    12. Looking at pictures - happy memories and times.
    13. Steady barometric pressure days.
    14. Practical jokes and thinking of new ones to do.
    15. Concerts - Going to see Fleetwood Mac this Sunday!
    16. Spine-Health (always makes me happy)!

Tammy :H
  • What makes me feel good???
    1 My husband of 30 years
    2.my son and daughter and spouses
    3. my grandaughter and grandson to come in Aug
    4.my dogs, Baxter-Yorkie Abby-king charles cavalier spaniel Missy and Buffy mini weiner dogs
    5. my friends, they have been there for me for 3 years of this
    6. my ortho dr- gives me faith
    7. my friends here, always make me smile and laugh
    8.my God, I know he loves me
    9. tv show everyone loves raymond, reminds me of my in laws! And MASH love it.
    10. bird feeding..put feeder out and got my first oriole!
    10. M&M's mmmmm good
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.