Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Update and Need Help

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
So back about 4 to 5 months I posted my horrible experience I had not only with the Hospital care but with my 14 hour 3 level spinal fusion thru the back. A total of 2 rods, 8 screws, 8 cages and a rod connector,not to mention i had degenerative disc material removed. After surgery instead of 3 days at the hospital i was there for 11 and srtraught to a rehab for 2 months to learn how to stand again and walk with a walker. It is now exactly 4 months after surgery. My appointment with the doctor was today. Ive had to be fitted with numerous braces to find the one that will stop my left knee from buckling. Thanks to the buckling I feel a week and half ago and had to be brought back to the ER by ambulance as i have sprained my left kneee, this is the knee and leg that don't respond well. Today the doctor read the notes from therapy and than did his own tests. Every Month i see him i complain that i am annoyed that my left leg does hardly anything. Imagine sitting at the edge of a table and being asked to extend your leg, my left leg moves about a foot and can't raise or get it off the ground to straighten out. From my knees down to my feet are still numb, but hey the doctor has told me ever visit, that he feels i will finish the race , i may not be the first but i will be closer to finising last...that was okay with me, cause i try like hell, excersisicing every day, therapy 4 days a week, walking when i can, and sometimes with a cane...My problem is today he did a few test and said that there is a significant weakness.."no shit" in the left leg..and he is now concerned. For months I asked for an EMG test but he told me no need to, cause he never cut any nerves, now today he said to me that have the test done, which will be next tuesday....he spoke to me about the possibility of having a spinal cord stimulator being inserteed, and or a cordisone shot in my leg...I just dont get it, i need help here, I know many of you have had the EMG before, what is it i am looking for? My therappist says that the quad muscle in my left leg just don't fire off.i can lay down and make a muscle and tighten it up but i can't get over the humpto straighten it out...Is it possible its just taking a very long time and spraining my left knee is another hiccup..mind you my quad msucle is 3 and half feet long. I am furious and going into a depression...im leaving in the middle of the night and just drivinug aimlessly, i hate to go out with family as people see me with my walker and i know i walked normal 5 months ago....if i need a stimulator, what type of surgery is that entail? or is it just my nerves taking a longer time cause i am a big guy...my therapist did tests today and some things have improved....I feel i am losing the battle and i am looking for a way to stay positive, please someone explain and help me

• During my spinal fusion the doctor cut my spinal canal causing my csf fluid to leak out..he went thru the dural and into the spinal canal and said he patched it...this happened on the left side, the side i am having issues with, not to mention i know have tingling sensations shoot from my arm to my fingers like pins and needles i never had befofe til this week...i asked himand he said, take the emg.