Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

leocat46lleocat46 Posts: 125
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello everyone, i haven't posted for awhile, that doesn't mean i have not been on here though. i do not no where to begin. as some of you know me, i started with rotary cuff surgery last aug.2008. ended up with frozen shoulder, and was diagnosed with RSD, or Crps as it is called. chronic reflex pain syndrome in my left shoulder that has spread down to my whole arm. i have been dealing with c5/c6 rupture for over a yr. now. that pain is terrible , i finally was released from my ortho for my shoulder, many meds, tried couldn't take for nerve pain. tens unit, 59 sessions of p.t. attend pain mgt. , wanted to do injections, i was one that was not too happy about doing it. well anyway after being released from ortho, allowed me to make an appt. with neurosurgeon, which i love, and is very caring. he makes jokes with me, he is the only one in our area that is doing cervical prestiage replacement. very well known. i got into him within a week and 1/2
we scheduled surgery, ACDF with cadavor bone, he said i have been through enough that he does not want me hurting anymore on my hip, with all the pain, fybromyalgia is so bad, and causing alot of symptoms. had lower MRI done, and found i have alot of scar tissure from previous surgery 20 yrs. ago lumbar . and bulging disc, but not bad. but with my RSD , and osteoarthritis, spinal stenosis, and i am in pain all the time, everywhere. my NS did tell me that we can do the surgery, that it will not cure everything. i told him i understand. i am to the point where i cannot turn my head. the headaches are excruiating that go up the back of my skull, not just once in awhile, but everyday, and i eat percoset, and muscle relaxer just to function. that i no way to live for me, i am so tired all the time, my children are tired of seeing me suffer. i feel it is right for me, and i will at least get some relief for neck. NS did say we are going to take this one issue at a time. he said sometimes drs. try to treat so many things at once, which i have and do not solve nothing. i fully trust him. my husband was with me, and is fully supportive. i do not know what i would do without him. i am 48 yr. old , i feel like there are 70 yr old's that move better than i do. wish me luck, as i type i need to go take some meds, before it gets any worse. i hurt right down to my finger tips, and numbness, and shooting pains. i know alot of you know and understand what i feel. sorry for being so long. i just had to catch up. thanks for listening. look forward to hearing from you all. LEO ~X(

• You have been through so much & are always giving advice & support to others here. Know that we are all here to offer our support anytime. >:D<

It's good to have a Dr. who you can really trust. I am still looking. You've got a great husband & I understand what that type of support brings. They can be a pain in the butt but they just don't know what to do for us & it's frustrating for them also. Just to have him there & offer a gentle hug can be very comforting.

I truly wish all goes well & you get the relief that you so much need. >:D<

• I'm sorry that you're going through so much but glad that you've found a great NS that you trust. That's so important. So is the support from hubby. Mine is also very supportive and I don't know what I'd do without him either.

I'm sending you gentle hugs and hope you get some relief soon.
  • I am so sorry - you have neck spine issues, fibromyalgia, and RSD?? There ought to be some law that you can only have one major cause of pain in a lifetime. I was feeling sorry for myself tonight but compared to you I shouldn't be complaining at all. Hang in there!
  • Good morning Leo
    When is your surgery? It sounds like you have a good guy for a surgeon(doesn't that make a huge difference,when they treat you like a person).You should get some relief with your arm and shoulder troubles,sometimes immediately.Follow the Drs orders after(no lifting etc....).Keep us up to date on how it goes. Take care Sagehen
  • i like that OPTIMIST, there should be a law against too many pain issues at once! but that just seems to be my luck i guess. i did not say that on st. patricks day (nite) that is how i remember. that i was having a bad dream, all the meds. i blame it on. well anyway i rolled over in my dream, and rolled right out of bed, took covers and all, and broke 2 ribs. that is so strange to me, but on top of everything else, that just added to the pot. that pain was awful, i do not wish that on anyone. they are still tender, doc just says will take awhile to heal. by the way my surgery is scheduled for June 17th. a matter fact, they just called today, wanting to know if i would like it moved up to june 3rd. but i told them i needed my kids to be out of school to help. so we left it as is. thanks for all the kind words everyone. always LEO (|: