Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Had cervical Spinal Fusion C5-6 & C6&7

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Please help!
After 10 years of dealing with migranes, pain, numbness, etc, I had cervical spinal fusion 3 weeks ago. Before the fusion the migranes got so bad I had to go into urgent care and get injections every 4-5 days. I also went on Lyrica for the facial pain/numbness I had which my surgeon didn't think was related to my discs. That helped and I really thought about not going through the surgery.
Well I did, now the numbness in ear, pain in one side of my face is back and I am on 2 Lyrica a day, which are helping but still not that much.
I fear the worst, a brain tumor?? I have such tight muscles in my neck and back that my husband puts icy hot on them 2 times a day. I went back to work after 2 weeks (probably shouldn't have) but I am quite miserable. I feel like I am having a hard time functioning and worried about everything. Has anyone else experience this facial pain, numbness?

• i never had facial pain but i used to get numbness around my nose and i had spinal cord compression c4-7.but that was before my surgery and i've been fine since i had the surgery done no more numbness.
  • I get pain and numbness in my left ear and on the side of my left head. My NS said it was an irritated occipital nerve. Two weeks is way too soon to go back to work. Why did you go back so soon? C3-2 irritates the occipital nerve also.
  • I had fusion at c6/7 in 1994 and c4/5 just two days ago. My biggest problem with both surgeries was diffciulty swallowing.
  • i get numbness on the left side of my face and twitches it is from the jaw line to the cheekbone.

It comes and goes, the lack of sensitivity is there all the time, like if you scratch that area of my face it feels like preassure not a scratch, if that makes sense. The twitching, bothers me the most.