Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Question About Nerve Ablations

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Spinal Injections
Could anyone tell me about what it would cost to have nerve ablations. My wife has had roughly 8 of these done and it seems she has been charged an ungodly amount of money. To top it off none of them helped. Please let me know about how much is the "norm".

Thanks in advance.

• I have had many of them done. I have pretty good insurance. Basically what has happened with mine is the Dr. bills insurance for somewhere around $22,000.00. (Yep thats three zeros) Then since its Insurance paying and not an individual, they negotiate the fees down to around $7,000. So I reach my out of pocket max in one procedure. How much is your wife getting billed. (Mine didn't work either):(
  • I am now 6.5 weeks post SI joint steriod injections both sides. I still have significant swelling and the pain is much worse than pre injections and it is SEVERE. I am struggling each minute of each day. I too have been told that perhaps its an emotional reaction to your pain etc etc from condesending, arrogant practitioners being told as was I there are VERY rare adverse affects of these injections! I am furious!
    Can anybody please help with similar experiences? I am wondering now if RF ablation on my SI's will eliminate the pain or terrified if I take this option it will be a similar outcome?
    Scared to look into RF ablation of SI's but know I cannot maintain my current state!? :?? =((
  • I have had many rf treatments. I had 3 in the neck a over a year ago and still doing good. I had I had 4 levels on the left side and a SI about 6 months ago . So a far they have hurt to varying degrees for a week or two. but the have helped alot especialy the SI. I just had an SI on my rs last monday and while it hurt like hell when he was doing it , I only felt a slight discomfort that nite and a percocet took care of that. Right now my rs is felling real good and went back to work with little issue. My left has been acting up a little but is managable. One thing the did do during the procedure that may have helped , they gave me 30mg of toradol IV during and 30mg of toradol IM right after the procedure. One thing you might find is trouble getting it approved for An SI abalation. Thge first time when I went Blue cross approved it no problem . when I went this time at first they didnt want to pay because they were now calling it experimental. They eventualy did agree to pay and I got it done and happy I did