Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Still having problems 8 weeks out.

edited 06/11/2012 - 7:31 AM in Pain Management
It seems I have had issues with my SCS since day one. First, after 3 weeks the surgeon released me to go back to work with restrictions and he had not even seen me since the day of surgery. My feeling is - he had got his money and is not wanting to mess with me anymore. X( Last week, while talking with my psychologist I mentioned that 7 weeks after surgery I still had a small hole in my incision on my side. He asked if I had called the surgeon and I told him no because I felt it wouldnt to any good. I told him the surgeon would glance at it and say "Looks good" and dismiss it. The psychologist called the surgeon and explained the situation and they agreed to see me the same day. And, as I suspected, that is exactly what he did. When I again expressed concerns about the pain I was having with both scars he told me he had never had a patient who had pain this far out after surgery and simply said "either it will get better or it wont". WTF?

Today, I was at work hardening (OT) and was doing the last of my stretches and felt a sharp pain in my right side and nearly went to my knees. I felt the IPG and it felt different. Im not sure if I pulled something in there loose or what. I went and got my therapist and told him what had happened. It hurt so bad I was crying. Now there is diminished coverage - has anyone had this happen??? I am calling the surgeon in the morning about it. (I wanted to talk to my lawyer first) The pain in my side is unbelievable. I'm scared he is going to tell me that all is ok and at this point I no longer trust him. He has told me one thing at one time and another the next time I see him. He isnt trying to find out why I am having so much pain and now with this I am afraid he is going to just blow me off again.

So here I sit frustrated and worried once again. ~X( :SS

Jacque
advertisement

Comments

• thats why i'll never get a scs to me they are very undependable.alot of people like them i'm just not one of them.
  • If I were in your situation, I would call my rep first, not the surgeon. Your rep will be able to tell if you've fractured, disconnected, or otherwise damaged a lead and they'll also be able to try to change your programming to restore your normal coverage, if possible.

• I have to go with bionicwoman said, I have a great rep and hes ready to help if i have any questions or problems. About the surgeon I would talk to your lawyer and also get another surgon, I would not continue to go to him, its probably endangering your health and recovery.
  • I did not see this before. I hope you called your rep or programmer about this. They can go through the channels on the leads and see if they just need to reprogram or if a lead is loose, broken, disconnected.

My PM told me he will not reprogram unless coverage is lost or very poor for the first month. He said coverage changes are quite normal during the first month. He said in the past he has reprogrammed people at earlier times only to do it again and again during that time.

I hope you have gotten this resolved.
  • I sit here without the use of my SCS for the entire weekend. I discovered Friday evening that the SCS is actually causing pain where my battery pack is located. I shut it off and have not turned it back on since. I have a 9 a.m. appt with the surgeon Tuesday morning and a 1 p.m. appt with the psychologist. Another full day. The surgeon's office has made arrangements for the Rep to be there to reprogram if necessary.
    My lawyer and I are in the process of getting a different surgeon but with W/C - it all takes time. In the meantime I suffer at the hands of what I now think is an idiot.

And now that I know the psychologist and the PM docs are all friends I am not sure how much I can trust his confidentiality. Especially since the PM recommended him. :SS

I am hoping that the surgeon will actually do something for me Tuesday but I wont be surprised if he tries to blow me off. However, I dont think he is going to have an easy time getting rid of me. I'm tired of being treated like a nobody. I may not be paying the bill but I do deserve QUALITY care!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will keep you posted.

Jacque
  • I hope it is a simple issue and can be taken care of easily.
advertisement