Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Gallbladder Surgery is June 10.

lulusheartllulusheart Posts: 4,273
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Matters of the Heart
i got my gallbladder surgery date today and it will be June 10. =D> i am first on the list for cancellations. i am happy to have a date but really sad and upset about being sick for so much longer! i am only counting down the days now!! everyone has been so great and supportive. :D i cannot tell you how much it helps me get through each day.. being totally bedridden and sick to your stomach is something i would not wish for anyone. :''( i have gotten such great advice as well. =D> well, here is to June 10 and thank you all so much!! <:P Jenny :)

• Hi Jenny, :H

Thanks so much for providing the date of your surgery. Got it down on my calendar. Do you know if you will be staying overnight at the hospital or how long they plan to keep you?

Wish the surgery could be sooner for you, but maybe a cancellation will happen before June 10. (We can always hope!)

Keep hanging tight... relief is almost here sweety. :X

You have suffered so long with these stomach problems and we will celebrate the day you start to feel better!

You have a good hospital, from what you have shared. That's always peace of mind... they will keep you as comfortable as possible.

Drop me a note any time you need to vent or feel a bit anxious, k?

Much love,

Tammy >:D<

• Hang in there and stay strong, Jenny! Keep us posted so we can all learn from your experience!--Mazy
  • Jenny,

Wishing you a speedy recovery from the gall bladder surgery. Hopefully you will recovery rather soon once they remove it, and you can begin enjoying summer. Good luck and keep us posted on how you do.
  • hi jenny, i hope you have a successful and speedy recovery from your surgery. take care and keep us posted how things go....m
  • I just wrote a note and lost it all...don't know what I did!

As sick as you have been I can't believe yo have to wait so long for surgery!

Also, I've haven't signed on for about a week but have tried to read posts when I can and I read something last night....

Congratulations on getting married! You deserve this beautiful day with wonderful memories so enjoy it! By the way, after 29 years, no reason to get cold feet, you are better off than most couples because you know what you are in for! LOL! Hey, my mom and step-dad lived together for 13 or more years before getting married. At first she wanted to get married but as the years went by it was a non-issue. Then one day he asked her to marry him and she was not excited at all! We, him, us kids, and friends all told her to go for it so a week later they got married! It really was a married happily ever after story! So don't go backing out this time, you already have all those years invested! LOL! Start planning and enjoy the fun!

Working on the wedding plans and being on here should help time go by quickly for you until surgery.
    I know you don't feel well but try to stay comfy and take care of yourself!

• I hope you can get in sooner but, if not it will be worth the wait. You shouldn't have to stay overnight, I was outta there like 3 hours after surgery!Just try to take it easy that first few days and then it will be smooth sailing!!!!Your going to feel soooooo much better, Iam so happy my friend!!!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    of luck with this surgery.
    Considering everything you have been through over the years, this should be a walk in the park (I do hope so)
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Just a note to say keep your mind set on how much better you will feel when the surgery is over. I just had a good friend get that surgery and she recovered beautifully and feels 100%. She was back at work a week later. She was very ill, as you are, prior to the surgery.

Sending hugs and well wishes!
  • I hope you can get your surgery sooner so you'll be free of those symptoms. The more pain you have can bring your surgery up in line faster. I hope you can be an add on if you're having so much pain. Best wishes to you always. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • i want to thank everyone for their warm wishes of "get well soon and have an excellent recovery.." =D> it really helps me get through each day during this time of waiting. i know lots of you have big problems of your own yet you stopped by for me! =D> thank you all so much! :D Jenny :)
  • I just want to wish you the best with your upcoming gallbladder surgery. If we can survive back surgery, maybe this one will be a breeze to you ;) We'll be thinking of you and supporting you all the way. Take care sweetie >:D<
  • Good Luck Jenny

I wish you all the best of luck with your upcoming surgery. I wanted to let you know that I had my gallbladder removed about 2 years ago, and it went really well. The surgery was one of the easiest ones that I have ever had, and the relief was amazing. The funny thing is that I kept telling the doctors that I thought I pulled a muscle in that area. Well, I finally believed them when I felt so much better after recovering from the surgery.
    I hope that you get in ASAP!!

• Just wanted to send some well wishes your way for your upcoming gallbladder surgery.
    I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope for a speedy recovery. My mom had that surgery a few years back and it took care of all issues that she was having. I hope it does the same for you! >:D<

• My wife had her gallbladder out at least 10 years ago. She only missed two days of work. One the day of surgery, then the following day. They did it on a Wednesday and she worked Friday, the following Monday she said she felt better than she had in a long time.

All the problems were just GONE!

I hope your results are just as good!
  • meydey,paul,Annie and jean jaye, thnk you so much for your support! :D it always makes me feel better to hear of a successful surgery! =D> only 9 more days to go! <:P Jenny :)
  • Hi Jenny!!

-Just wanted to let you know that we are still thinking about you!!! Please let us know how you are doing!!! Good Luck with your surgery!!! We are praying for you!! It will go very well for you as it did for me.

Good Luck & God Bless!!!

glo :)
  • Jenny, I am thinking of you too. I know this surgery will help you get back to feeling good, at least as good as we spineys can feel. Remember the advice I gave you about the flush to make sure you don't have a bile leak before they close you up! Post an update when you can.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • Hi Jenny. I'm thinking of you today and hope all is going according to plan. Come back and see us soon and give us the scoop!

Take care and hugs.
  • I hope you woke up today feeling much better!

I've been thinking about you!

Take care!
  • Hi Jenny,

I hope your surgery went well and wish you a very speedy recovery.

This surgery will hopefully rid you of the stomach problems and make you feel much, much better.

May each day bring you more relief and many smiles. It might take a little while for you to have a good belly laugh, but be assured... those days will come very soon! :)

You are in my thoughts and we are all anxious to hear how you are feeling... just as soon as you are able to let us know.

Take good care of yourself and get lots of rest.

Much love,

Tammy >:D<

• I hope everything went well with your surgery. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi Jenny,

I have been praying that your surgery a success and that you are already feeling better. I pray you have a smooth recovery. If you need anything just pm me or e-mail me. Take care my friend and know I am thinking of you.

Love your spiney friend, kate
  • Let us know how you are doing. I hope that all went well and you are feeling the near instant relief that so many do from this surgery.

• By now I hope you are well down the road toward recovery. Wishing you all the best! You deserve it.