Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ptense1978pptense1978 Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in New Member Introductions
I am a 30 year old female. I have DDD in my lumbar and cervical spine (so far)...I haven't had a MRI on my thoracic spine, yet. I have osteoarthritis, degeneration, and bulging discs (3 of them) in my cervical spine. I have degeneration, osteoarthritis, retrolisthesis, hemangiomas (covering L4), and herniated discs in my lumbar spine. I don't have my MRI reports in front of me at the moment...so I am going by memory. I have been suffering from chronic pain for over 8 years now. I am not on any pain management but am going back to my doctor tomorrow for pain relief. Whenever the pain gets severe, I get migraine headaches and my legs become painful and numb. I also have incurable Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (of both hands), which has caused muscle atrophy and nerve damage in both hands. I had surgery on both hands last year, but it only made it worse on my left hand (which is the worst one). Did I forget to mention that I have Supra-Ventricular Tachycardia (SVT)? I am glad to have found this board and support group! Of course, I am in severe pain, early this morning and am awaiting the doctor's office to open. I have tried injections on my spine and intense physical therapy (which worsened my condition, due to an inexperienced therapist). I am anxious to get to know everyone and find out how you each cope with the chronic pain. Thank you!

• I almost forgot to add that I also have bone spurs, which are causing nerve irritation. Thanks, again!
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you are suffering so much!! :''( you don't say what pain medications you are on.. :? they can certainly change your life when administered correctly and used as directed. we share many of the same problems and besides medication, exercise and stretching can often be of a benefit.. perhaps your doctor knows something of this as well. :-C swimming is amazing!!! absolutely pain free!! =D> good luck and keep us posted! :D Jenny :)
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Hi ptense

Welcome to spine-health, you have come to the right place for support and advice on how to manage your chronic pain.
    I have suffered chronic pain for most of my life and have found I have to stay within my limits, pacing myself gives me a better chance to keep the pain manageable, and getting a quality of life.
    I am sorry to hear you have so many health issues, i hope you get the help you need
    Take care

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Thank you all so much, for the warm welcome! I unfortunately was unable to visit my doctor today, due to my husband being very sick. I am in so much pain tonight! I am not on any type of pain management or pain medications, at this moment. I do believe it is time for some type of pain management because my quality of life is at a minimal because of the limits I have on my daily activities. I will be sure to keep you all updated...I am praying my doctor's office is still going to be open tomorrow and that I will be able to see her...I know it is a holiday weekend, so I'm not sure if they will be or not. Thanks, again.