Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pulsating Pain in lower left back near butt

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 51,465
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:31 AM in Lower Back Pain
I have extreme pulsating pain in my lower left of my back near my butt, in comes around sporadically, every now and again, but it is extreme. I have been diagnosed with Degenerative Disc Disease, and scoliosis, i haven't seen the doctor yet for this specific problem, does anyone have any ideas of what it could be? FYI: if it helps im 22 years old, female. Thanks!!
advertisement

Comments

• Hey sorry to hear that you are feeling this. I know exactly what you are talking about because I get it on my left side. I am 25 and hurt my back when I was 17. My PM doctor told me that it is from inflammation around the SI joint. I take daily medications, but I found that for this specific intense pain episode if I take a muscle relaxant or lyrica it subsides. I also make sure that I schedule an SI injection ASAP with my PM doc. I know that too many injections are not good for you, but I have found that for this specific type of pain they really help. I wish I could say the injections helped everything. I hope this helps and that your doctor can do something for you. I'm here if you need anything. Take care!
  • Thank you for your insight and kind words, this helps a lot, i'll talk to my pain mangagement doc pretty soon, and thanks again. :)
  • No problem! Let me know what your pain management doc says. I am fortunate to have an excellent doc who knows what he's doing & talking about. Mind you I've probably seen about 20 doctors lol. I know that injections don't help everyone, myself included, but it does relieve that inflammation that medications can't touch. Best of luck!